What if Steve Jobs dies? What will happen to Apple?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Jan 14, 2009.

1. apple dumbed themselves down to use intel products AMD was always better it runs cooler and is a superior product apple used intel chipsets to make OSX in a way more compatible with running software built for windows as most of windows share comes from the fact software will work on no other system...
    dont confuse the facts
    Huge amounts of pcs didnt use intel chipsets AMD is still more reliable and better product than intel.. intel just is more marketed you dont see amd pushing commercials because it doesnt have to anyone who knows computers buys AMD
    apple is expensive for a reason as well get a parts list used to make one of the computers and youll see they use superior products except for the rare case with the new intel macbooks where they used a seagate 60gig that was prone to early failure.

lol you dont want any one man deciding what software you use???? lol please tell me you use microsoft

at least apple has strived for fully integrated software functionality while microsoft continues to rewrite code in a way to make it harder for them to do so to keep market share...

#21     Jan 18, 2009
  2. dsq

dsq

aapl stock pretty much sucked through the 90s without jobs...When he came back so did the company and stock...The ipod and their overpriced laptops have probably reached saturation.Dont know what other device aapl can come up with now.They do have nice products that work.Hope he gets better.I think it was rel dumb of them to play the hormone garbage though.That was just a ridiculous and lame cover up.

#22     Jan 18, 2009
  3. Haven't used a single Apple product. I've never seen the appeal. I feel as if I'd be dumbing down by buying a product that is promoted mainly on its ease of use and stylishness. :)

#23     Jan 18, 2009
  4. zdreg

zdreg

"This man is very ill and death could come at anytime. I dont wish this upon him or anyone else,"
    "anybody else"

why this moral equivocating?obsama ban laden?

#24     Jan 18, 2009
  5. To all apple fanboys:

Try replacing the battery in your shiny iPhone 3G. Oh wait, it is not so easy after all...

For any normal phone (Blackberry Storm Included) replacing the battery is as easy as 1-2-3.

Apple is first and foremost HYPE. I use Windows not because I am in love with Microsoft but because it runs all the software I need. Operating system is just a tool.

There are no 3rd party macs. Whatever goes into a Mac is what Steve Jobs decides goes into a Mac. Bill Gates controls windows but he does not control whether I use AMD or Intel, whether I use nvidia or AMD ATI Radeon, etc. Hardware choices are all mine.

#25     Jan 18, 2009
  6. since im a mac user ill answer this

actually it depends on what you define a mac as
    is it the mac osx or the computer

you can put mac osx on anything it doesnt have to be a mac.
    but they do recommend it is.
    mac can be bought seperately just like windows but there is no forced registration there is no serial codes the installation can be done literally with 3 clicks of a mouse after you put in the disk

as for the software take a look at www.VMWARE.com
    and www.codeweavers.com also check out option that mac gives you called parallels and bootcamp for intergration with windows software.

so you can run all the programs you like from windows and on the other end experience alot that you havent seen before based only on mac osx.

also if anything i thank apple for having its battery in the iphone it has less area for water to get in...

i had my iphone sitting in the little cubby hole in the dash of my car on the way to somewhere and i accelerated a bit to hard from the stop light the iphone flew out of the cubby hole an of course it could land in anyother place but my coffee cup. i quickly got it out and dried it out but no coffee even got in they even have seals now for em that make them 100% waterproof ... if you wanted you could go diving with it in your pocket.. wouldnt recommend it tho.

as for chipset requirement mac runs off AMD and Intel.
    if you buy from apple you are buying optimum setups but if you like you can feel free to go create your own and drop mac on it...

point is i like mac i like windows i find macs operating system TONS more efficient than windows/ cheaper/ ive never called a tech guy after setup/ safer as everything backs itself up to a 1TB external HD with time machine it even backs up the windows parts XD

when i say that mac osx runs better i mean it ....
    these people havely changed the core of the OS...
    that means that they dont have to work out bugs every time a new OSX comes out... as its frame is the much from the old one. Because of this they actually can be more innovative with their products because they dont have to worry about this as much
    they spend more time making things that people actually want seemless fusion between all products my work computer / phone/ home computer/ calanders/ address books/ email accounts/ business files/reports/ all continuously sync themselves and make my life so extremely easy. i remember coming from the pc world where i spent more time fixing my setup than using it.... my personal favorite .. the blue screen of death... my 2 macs i leave on for months and dont power cycle theyve yet to crash / freeze/hang/ bogg down ... cept my laptop but thats cause i only got 512 meg ram in it...

god forbid you have a problem with your mac...
    the technicians actually know what they are doing...

i remember i f'ed up my laptop when i first got cause i was excited and trying to personalize it and i made it so my wifi wouldnt connect... of course being the angry trading consumer apple loves to deal with i went in the repair shop angry and new i was gonna get hassled .. they said hum let me see it... the guy opened the terminal typed in some code the computer told him what happened and he fixed it ... i took 5 min ... i asked him what the fee was and he said nothing i was shocked for 3 reasons... one he did it while i was there told me what i did showed me how to not do it in the future... fixed it quickly... found that i hadnt installed a security update and did it for me... i asked him how much he said nothing .. being very happy i bought a whole bunch of software and gadgets.

he didnt even need to plug it into a crazy 4000$ remoduled semiconductive hypercoded diagnostic unit.. lol... just to tell me what was wrong.

#26     Jan 18, 2009
  7. drcha

drcha

I'm not a Mac fan, Apple owner, or anything like that. I do know a little about pancreatic cancer, though, and the prognosis is extremely poor. Jobs will not be coming back in six months--he may not even survive that long. Now don't come unglued--I'm just the messenger. For the sake of Jobs and his loved ones and his company, I wish it were not so. But this disease is about as deadly as they get. For trading, I think maybe the thing to do would be to wait for any glimmer of good news about him, then use the opportunity to buy a straddle.

#27     Jan 18, 2009

8. You still are not getting it. Macs increased their sales BY MOVING CLOSER TO WINDOWS Linux kiddies like to trump Wine and other crap. Some individuals advocate using supervisor or hypervisor mode. But the point remains, why would I want to buy a Mac and run parallels and purchase a version of windows when i can just buy a windows box in the first place. It is not fashionable but it gets the job done. Trying to run windows on a separate partition or trying to emulate windows API is acknowledging that windows is important. Try running Madden on a Mac. You would need a pc or a playstation or an XBOX!! or a Wii but not a single Apple product qualifies.

I am hostile to apple because I don't believe "being cute" is an important consideration for a piece of technology.

Being able to change a battery is actually very important but you went off on a tangent on how water tight iPhone is.

OSX and MAC are inseparable. You can't install OSX on a non Mac computer (legally that is) All macs ship with it.

#28     Jan 18, 2009
  9. yes you are right mac has gained support by offing integrate with windows but ... why shouldnt they it makes sense. companies make alot of great products for windows and done feel the need to create products for people using a system with only 9% or so of the market share. it makes sense for them.. as it makes sense for mac users to want to be able to run those programs.

im not saying windows is unimportant i said i liked it but.... im stating apple has some great products itll be fine after steve is gone ...

cuteness is important to some people so it needs to be addressed i guess lol i dont see the reason for it either i use mac because ... i just like the os i think some of the sony laptops look better then my mac anyways.

battery changin is important i actually no longer own the iphone because of it i have a storm. its unthoughtful for them to make me wait for them to ship the phone to them work on it replace the battery and send it back what do i do in the process... they provided no help with that im just stating its a safe function and sometimes design doesnt work will with functionality. it has its advantages and disadvantages but you know before you buy. as i feel i need 3 batteries with me at all times i lost the iphone too when storm came out.

#29     Jan 18, 2009
  10. "Being cute" is actually what I like about the Mac's hardware and software: its great combination of simplicity and aesthetics. It's entirely subjective, of course.

That's subjective, too. I got my first cell phone around 1997 and since then I have owned six different models of five different manufacturers. Two of the phones were unusable after major water damage (the first one did not survive the washing machine, the second one fell into a swimming pool), but I did not replace the battery of one single of those six phones. Needless to say that I don't expect to change the battery of my iPhone.

That's technically right. You can, however, install Windows and Linux on a Mac.

#30     Jan 19, 2009