What if Steve Jobs dies? What will happen to Apple?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Jan 14, 2009.

1. new$

new$

Henry Ford died.

#11     Jan 16, 2009
  2. Ford is not Apple.

Having used various Macs for most of the 90s, before Jobs returned, I can say it will not be good times. Only one man can run that company. <period>

#12     Jan 16, 2009
  3. Is that a call for AAPL to be trading at 2.19? :p

#13     Jan 16, 2009
  4. When leaders of organizations die, leave or are sidelined- investors flee. Investors know longer feel confident that the vision the company uses to produce profits will continue to work. They are scared that remaining management will fight for power and destroy the company’s profits in the process while a new vision is worked out. Apple is no exception. Much of the current innovation of Apple today comes from Steve Jobs vision for the company. This may be why the stock is testing the recent lows. Institutions may be heading for the exits.

#14     Jan 16, 2009
  5. I think Apple is a liitle different today (even without Jobs) then they were in the early-mid 90's.

#15     Jan 16, 2009
  6. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/16/technology/companies/16apple.html?em

#16     Jan 17, 2009
  7. Exactly right. Apple is about perceived "coolness" more than substance. Apple stores are in a way electronics boutiques. Cult of personality of Steve Jobs along with apple fanboys propel Apple forward.

The funny part about apple is that macs gained market share after they became less mac. Sure people bring up OSX but the more important things is that for several years now Macs are powered by Intel processors, something PCs had forever. Macs used to be expensive incompatible things using weird hardware. Now they are just expensive.

Personally, I don't want one man deciding what hardware and software I use.

#17     Jan 17, 2009
  8. You can see if the institutions are heading for the exits:

http://www.mffais.com/aapl.html

#18     Jan 17, 2009
  9. You are the one that is SICK, my friend.
    And kharma will be a bitch.
    You can count on it.

#19     Jan 18, 2009
  10. have you used a new apple? use one and tell my the G6 does rock the shit out of a new windows desktop.... my office tradestation is a MultiDisplay G6 that runs windows in VMWARE FUSION with MT4 all my indicators loaded metric tons of statistical software .. honestly if it was a windows desktop there would be no way it would even be 1/2 as functional i dont have the technical issues people have I never crash... i can roll back deleted or mistakenly deleted files sorted by time stamped date in order on multiple dates and thats saved me more times then i can count... look at vista its broken microsoft is pretty much discounting and not fixing like the normally do. its not garbage i have a laptop a new macbook from 2 years ago i think... ive dropped it down the stairs .... can a 2 year old spill apple juice on it left it in my car in sweltering heat .. in fridged cold i had it on the bar down stairs in the basement and a water pipe literally burst on top of it ... it now has a water mark on the screen a small one can barely tell it dims occasionally but this think is a tank it has 512 meg memory and it runs VMWARE FUSION with windows xp and mac at the same time and it runs windows better than windows runs windows. it should be embarrassing to microsoft that their competitor can make their software run better then they can more efficiently and safer with less security holes lol.

point is they dont market garbage their products are number one and yes they did suck before but if you think steve jobs has anything to do with the products being higher end than its competitors your mistaken apple has readopted innovation they have been through bad times they know what works and what doesnt at this point they sell themselves i bought my first mac for college 4 years ago and didnt even know who steve jobs was.. i just knew i liked it.

#20     Jan 18, 2009