What if religion was outlawed in public?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by nitro, Oct 14, 2010.

Would making religion expression in public lead to peace?

1. Yes.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No.

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. I don't know.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I don't care.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nitro

nitro

"What Is Driving Christians Out of the Middle East?

..."Conditions are so bad in Palestine at the moment that they make South Africa under apartheid look like child's play," Wallace-Murphy told AOL News. "Because of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, you're either Muslim and pro-Arab or you're not. If Christians continue to leave in droves it's a problem not only for Catholics but for Christians worldwide...."

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/what-is-driving-christians-out-of-the-middle-east/19672534

If we closed down all Churches, Mosques, Synagogues worldwide, would that lead to peace?

I am reminded of a book I read when I was very young:

"Why I Am Not A Christian And Other Essays On Religion And Related Subjects" - Bertrand Russell

http://www.amazon.com/Christian-Ess...7211/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287073190&sr=8-1

2. ammo

ammo

six world leaders of various faiths and a cave man are sitting on a log enjoying the warmth of a good fire on a starlit nite in heaven ,after a lengthy 2 hr discussion about the highlites and philosophy of each ones faith, the cave man asked ,what's religion

3. October 13, 2010- Michelle Obama calls for prayer: "Everybody I know in our communities are praying for us. Every day we feel that. And let me just tell your listeners that it means all the world to us to know that there are prayer circles out there and people who are keeping the spirits clean around us."

4. Picaso

Picaso

It's not just Christians that are leaving, Jews are leaving too, as well as the few Muslims that have a way to get papers. Nobody wants to live in a semi-permanent war zone.

The people that leave are normally moderates who place their family's safety and well-being ahead of politics or religion, so the region becomes ever more polarized.

Not looking good.

Even if there was no religion, "they" would find some other way to manipulate the masses for their ends.

5. JamesL

JamesL

No, we would just find something else to fight about. Religion is just an excuse.

6. US is one of the few countries with freedom of religion and all the associated baggage that comes with. Promoting Christianity In Saudi Arabia would get you killed.

This country was founded on the principle of freedom and the general premise to live and let live as long as you do no harm to others.. There are only 4 crimes mentioned in our constitution: Treason, bribery, piracy and counterfeiting.

In a free country freedom of religion and freedom to assemble should not be taken for granted... however, there is a real danger in mob mentality...

There really are very few places in this world like NYC, Chicago where a melting pot of cultures generally live in harmony.

Enjoy your spiritual and religious freedoms and beliefs... and respect the rights of others to do the same.

7. WTF? Sounds like Michelle is into Santeria, Voodoo or Wicca.

And we thought the Obama's were Muslims. Not any more!

8. You can add London and Paris to that list as well.

9. Religion is organized crime. Had it not been for priests raping little boys I would not be against it. Consider thousands of years of wars perpetuated by these hypocrits who claim to be all for peace and perpetual bliss. It's all a fraud to get power and money.

10. But we're not all praying for the same thing.

#10     Oct 15, 2010