What if QE2 does not come?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Oct 11, 2010.

If QE2 does not happen

1. Markets stay high, dow over 11K etc..

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. BIG correction, probably 10% or more correction.

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  1. piezoe

piezoe

Correct me if i'm wrong guys and girls, but I thought QE2 already happened!. I mean the Fed has been buying bonds like crazy and expanding their balance sheet. Next to China I think they are now very close to the second largest holder of Treasury bonds. How can you get more QE2 than that? That's supposed to hold down long term rates, i.e., mortgages, and they allready have the short term rates barely positive. This has done its intended work on the dollar, boosted the market, made all our export competitors jumpy. I mean, how can you get more QE2 than that? Well maybe drop a few trillion from helicopters and set short term rates below zero. The Fed pays you to take their money?

#11     Oct 11, 2010
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Fuck QE2 and the game bubble ben bernanke is playing, why cant anyone comprehend that this is not the way to fix a credit crisis, all they know how to do is throw worthless monopoly money around. Why the fuck wont anyone wake up a realize what is going on is beyond me. Everyone is cheering on more cheap money to stimulate the entire global economy, this is not the way to go about this and think everything is going to get better. Where are the free markets, bubble ben bernanke hasn't a clue what he is doing, he thinks he does but boy he wrong about this one and the rest of the nonsense he has thrown at the market.

#12     Oct 11, 2010
  3. Larson

Larson Guest

How can the Fed ease with rates practically at zero? Time to jump in the bunker.

#13     Oct 11, 2010
  4. everyone must be wrong except the people that think qe2 is bad.

#14     Oct 11, 2010
  5. QE2?
    Shouldn't we already be talking about QE3?

#15     Oct 11, 2010
  6. MKTrader

MKTrader

#16     Oct 11, 2010
  7. It must really piss you off being so smart and all while those you think are so stupid are so much more successful than you. I mean could you imagine Ben making 11,000 posts on ET, or any one else with an IQ above room temperature for that matter?

You remind me of a study done over 30 years on the differences between achievers and ordinary people. The big finding was that those who achieved the most never thought they were very good or smart at what they did, while average people constantly over estimated their success and their intelligence. For example, the average golfers they used thought they made 85% of puts inside 10 feet. The truth was closer to 60%. Ben Crenshaw, on the other hand, said when asked that he figured he made 80% of his puts inside of ten feet. Going back over 10 years of tournaments it turns out he made about 90% of them.

So, I'm curious Mr. Knowitall, could you please elaborate on the last few global financial crisses that you've successfully managed a large complex ecomony through? What moves did you make? What lessons did you learn? What where the biggest challenges and how did you overcome them?

#17     Oct 11, 2010
  8. Larson

Larson Guest

Whether you think it is harmful or not, they have no choice but to QE, the Fed's last "tool". This will end badly. I would not want to be in Bernanke's shoes.

#18     Oct 11, 2010
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Ah, but "fundamentally" there is a reason! It's called "dollar in the dumper". :D

Never under estimate the ability of the Fed to move the market, even if you hate the Fed, even if you think they are powerless (they are not, so please don't be a fool).

After the election we will have mouth to mouth dollar recusitation. You get to pick who you think the big mouths will be.

#19     Oct 11, 2010
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Because we traders are busy making money! We can't be bothered with what is going on. We are making lots and lots of money! Why don't you just forget about this reality nonsense and join us? :D

#20     Oct 11, 2010