What if obama resides over a large bull market?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Sep 15, 2009.

1. i hope you trade better than your political skills. in order for the republican to take control there would need to be an upset the numbers of which would historic. do you always bet on holy mary plays? theonly way republicans take control is if the country spirals into depression. i realize many republicans would accept that to get a black man out of the white house but be careful what you wish for. you might not like the result.
    when the margins tighten up there will be more gridlock. obama will get a health care plan. it may not be all he had hoped for but in the end he will sign whatever the final plan is.

#11     Sep 15, 2009
  2. Spoken by the resident FOOL who has absolutely ZERO understanding of history.

Given your failed logic . . . the Bull Market that started back in late 1982 and the subsequent run in the Nasdaq in 1983 sure didn't help his re-election chances in 1984 in which he carried 49 of 50 states!

Once again, you prove that you are without a doubt, the DUMBEST person on ET. A total whack-job, in fact!

:D

#12     Sep 15, 2009
  3. Alvin

Alvin

What if obama resides over a large bull market?

That's an odd statement, isn't he presiding over a bull market now??

(the OP must meant "presiding" not "residing"?)

presiding: to exercise guidance, direction, or control

#13     Sep 15, 2009
  4. That's a laugher... in the '08, election, Congress' disapproval rating was 86%... yet 95% of the bastages were sent back.

Americans are too stupid, naive, and brain-dead to do any other than vote their party line... they same brain-freeze they were taught by their parents.

#14     Sep 15, 2009
  5. And in the 2006 mid-term election, the GOP recorded a historical lopsided loss in which the Democrats did not lose a SINGLE incumbent or open seat in Congress or governor's mansion.

That's how fed up people were with George Bush.

#15     Sep 15, 2009
  6. My political skills are spot on and my trading skills are better than your trading, but thats a discussion for another day.

The fact is, the margins that dems have have been built in the last two election cycles. Its seems extremely far fetched for it to be impossible for the dems to lose that power in the next two cycles. Not only that, you throw in the fact that Dem controlled congress is really unpopular. Your argument lacks merit.

What else we know, is ACORN got alot of these dems into office and now they are going to go have to explain why they were so friendly with such a group of people. The democrats are coming apart at the seams.

#16     Sep 15, 2009
  7. you have a few years of trading before you can say that. i have survived and been profitable for almost 20 years in the market. get back to me if you last half that long.
    your political skills are lacking too. if they were not you would know that house members elections are decided on local issues. your precieved bias that congress is unpopular nationally will not hold water. people hate congress but they love their congressperson. so now you are hedging. you need two cycles for your side to regain power.
    acorn did not directly get anybody in office. all they are is a voter registration service. do you think all the people that they got to sign up will change their party if acorn dissapears?

#17     Sep 15, 2009
  8. Please show us a screen-shot of your trading blotter for today or yesterday.

Thank You.
    :)

#18     Sep 15, 2009
  9. No, vhehn, the only way the Republicans take back the majority is if Mr. Obama and the "progressives" lose the middle. We zealots on the right and left are not going anywhere.

My assessment to date is that the middle is having buyers remorse.

#19     Sep 15, 2009
  10. Now I am hedging? Sorry but my original statement clearly referenced 2010 AND 2012. Get a clue before you open your mouth.

#20     Sep 15, 2009