what if jesus really did assend into the sky....

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Jul 9, 2012.

1. any spiritual path that is not evidence based is just another form of superstition.

#11     Jul 9, 2012
  2. who tuned the tuner?

#12     Jul 9, 2012
  3. Who particled the particle? If the "god particle" doesn't need a creator, then neither does a creator.

#13     Jul 9, 2012
  4. One of my physics professors once said: Physicists spend most of their lives searching for certainty and finding mostly uncertainty. Yet a good scientist continues to ask the hard questions and look for answers while fully accepting his fate that most often the answer will be: "We don't know."

I wrote that down and kept it to this day.

#14     Jul 9, 2012
  5. for someone who claims they have no use for gods you go to great lenghts to rationalize creationism. im thinking you are not being honest with us.

#15     Jul 9, 2012
  6. we probably will never know everything but biblegod left enough clues in his so called book so we can eliminate him.

#16     Jul 9, 2012
  7. The only things you should believe in is

1) in yourself
    2) Love and Respect for all beings
    3) Do what you want, as long you do not hurt anyone

There is no god.

And if there is one, he is a sadistic kind of thing, likely a fat stupid woman, screaming all day around........

#17     Jul 9, 2012
  8. But i tell you what,

i will found a new religion, its called ETism.

If you do not believe in it, i will kill you.
    All my followers, we will kill everyone who do not believe in ETism.

To honor our great spirit the ET.
    There is only one ET.

ET is great.

We are a peaceful religion. Everything we say is the truth and nothing else, but the truth. You will believe it, when we torture you and burn you like a little witch.

Thanks and phraises to the great Lord ET.

ET is great.

AMEN

#18     Jul 9, 2012
  9. LOL! Nice dogde. I wrote I "had" no use for gods. Bottom line, if your argument is that you can get one thing from nothing, then it follows that many things should be able to evolve from nothing. You can't pin down the God believers with your who created God question, and then claim that doesn't pertain to your line of thinking when it comes to your theory of creation.

#19     Jul 9, 2012
  10. I don't think the question of God is necessaily a "religious" question. There could be a God, a higher intelligence, life after death, etc. unconnected to traditional religion that we simply can't prove. Or maybe not.

I'll leave the the pursuit of the "God question" to others more qualified than I. In the meantime, if someone asks me if there's a God, or life after death, or any of those traditional "religious" questions I'm very comfortable saying: "I don't know."

#20     Jul 9, 2012