what if it is Noah's Ark

Discussion in 'Politics' started by qdz3se, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Btw, one of the arguments for a global Flood is that there are sedimentary deposits all over the earth. In fact, Flood Geologist will say, "Look, there are even marine deposits on Mt. Everest." Of course, imo that can easily be explained by the fact that the Himalayas are the product of the Indian tectonic plate colliding with the Asian. The Himalayas are the most rapidly growing mountain range on the earth and are increasing in height by 15 mm/year. Geologists believe this has been occurring for about the last 15 million years and it explains why the contents of the ocean floor have been shoved up to tremendous surface heights.

#41     Apr 27, 2004
  2. You're entitled to your own opinion of course, but just realize that your opinion about the Flood is not based on any scientific justification or any problem with the Genesis text itself...

#42     Apr 27, 2004
  3. Turok

Turok

Shoe:
    >Of course, the gospel had not gone to the Aboriginees..

"Of course"... ?? And you know this how?

JB

#43     Apr 27, 2004
  4. This is a big topic that I think would only be of interest to Christians. But, anyway, the only group that I know of that believes the gospel was taken cross-continent pre-Christ are the Mormons. so I don't know where you're headed...can you be a little more specific?

#44     Apr 27, 2004
  5. Turok

Turok

I'm not headed anywhere...YOU made an assertion and emphasized it with "of course" as if it was a widely known fact.

I'm asking how you know that the lord (who was certainly as powerful then as now) didn't spread his gospel to the Aboriginees way back then? The fact that they aren't believers now is not significant evidence because god allows for rejection (for a time).

JB

#45     Apr 27, 2004
  6. stu

stu

How do you know that?

#46     Apr 27, 2004
  7. Well, there are only two choices the way I see it:

Either Paul thought that the gospel was spread pre-Christ a la the Mormons or through the gospel.

If you want to believe #1 you can, but I certainly don't see it nor do I know any other non-Mormon theist who does. To my way of thinking it is much more reasonable to note that even in Paul's lifetime the gospel had make significant progress and by the third century (pre-Constantine I might add), the gospel had penetrated to between 1/10th and 1/3rd of the Roman Empire...

#47     Apr 27, 2004
  8. Well, unless you have a trump card hidden somewhere of course...

#48     Apr 27, 2004
  9. Turok

Turok

Then you don't believe in the gospel being spread through the holy spirit of any other myriad of ways available to god. (though this shouldn't surprise me since many previous posts of yours prove your belief in a god with very limited powers)

JB

#49     Apr 27, 2004
  10. stu

stu

scientific justification for, or a problem with the Genesis text itself requires a trump card ??

Are you serious?

#50     Apr 27, 2004