what if it is Noah's Ark

Discussion in 'Politics' started by qdz3se, Apr 26, 2004.

1. stu

stu

How do non-believers have beliefs?

Are you suggesting that someone either holds a belief for or against something?

Simply having no reason to believe in something, does not then result in a belief that you don't believe!!
    Unless of course, one changes the meaning in context of the word belief during mid-sentence.

#181     May 4, 2004
  2. stu

stu

.. I would say in your case it does.

...lets not confuse your bias, beliefs, and opinions for truth.

I didn't ask you to.

You are the one who wants to determine a belief of what truth is by making statements like these.... "Faith in God is true, Faith in No God is true"

But it's Your bias, beliefs, and opinions which are self-evidently self-contradictory and have no merit for truth.
    I have heard apologists try to squirm, but you must take the prize for wiggle of the week.

You made yet another goof. You were attempting to assert that I want to live in a world of conditional truths.
    You obviously did not notice the way in which YOU were actually creating your world of 'conditional truths' in the very sentence you constructed.

Then your form is to blame me for living in a world of conditional truths.

The complete irony of that would be just too funny, if it weren't so ridiculous.

But that IS your form, to try and accuse others of all the things you portray yourself. And that was your own quintessential demonstration of it.

The rest of your stuff as usual is the same old blah trolled out when called to account for your groundless remarks, so I won't waste my time with it.

Apart from perhaps to illustrate yet another goof you have made....

You have knowledge of my childhood. According to you, it was wounded.
    But suddenly, after bringing this to your attention....
    The denial kicked in
    I did read carefully, I always do, although in your case it is usually a waste of good time. You did not speculate ,,you did not mention anything about wounding or abuse being conditional upon religion. Just more and more denial..but too late... your goof is out!

Didn't stop your squirm and wiggle though.

The denial on a level which you portray, and the manner in which you over react to my critical analysis of your expressed beliefs, is way too over the top to assume you are capable of reasonable understanding of what is being said to you.

It seems you cannot handle the possibility of being wrong. On just about everything you have put forward which is then shown as faulty, questionable or downright contradictory, you retreat by first making abusive attacks and then resorting to denial..... leaving your issues as remaining unresolved, you make no progress.

#182     May 5, 2004
  3. Too often what are called "educated" people are simply people who have been sheltered from reality for years in ivy-covered buildings. Those whose whole careers have been spent in ivy-covered buildings, insulated by tenure, can remain adolescents on into their golden retirement years.

Sowell's Random thoughts are the intellectual equivalent of comedian

Hmmm.

#183     May 5, 2004