What if in 100 years, robots can do all the work.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Oct 22, 2009.

1. I will find a job to maintenance robots if i can live that long, programming a robots army could be fun job. lol

#11     Oct 22, 2009
  2. You really don't deserve the life you have, you're nothing but pessimistic about everything, no matter the topic.

Just end your life if you're so miserable.

#12     Oct 22, 2009
  3. heech

heech

How many hours a week did your grandparents work? Did they enjoy 40-hour workweeks, and did they get to enjoy 20 years of retirement as most of us do today? Technology and productivity improvements have improved our lives dramatically.

My prediction is that this trend continues and that in 100 years, people will work 20 hour work weeks, and retire at 45.

#13     Oct 22, 2009
  4. People of Massachusetts to be Having Sex With Robots by 2012-

http://gizmodo.com/310568/people-of-massachusetts-to-be-having-sex-with-robots-by-2012
    --------------------------------------------------------

Japan membuat sex robots
    A Japanese firm has produced a 38 cm (15 inch) tall robotic girlfriend that kisses on command, to go on sale in September for around $175, with a target market of lonely adult men.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...sex+robot%22&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N&start=20&um=1

#14     Oct 22, 2009
  5. Robot Sex :)

#15     Oct 22, 2009
  6. I wouldn´t worry about not enough jobs.. Only thing to worry about is if the ownership of the robots will be more or less evenly spread, so everybody can reap the rewards. If the ownership will be concentrated in a few hands, some will live lifes or leisure, others will live lifes begging.

#16     Oct 22, 2009
  7. What if in 100 yrs u r 6 feet under. oh wait u will be.

#17     Oct 22, 2009
  8. The question is...how intelligent will the robots be? Will they be able to self maintain themselves? if something goes wrong with 1 robot, will the other robots know and try to fix it? If they are that smart, then they might be able to program themselves and learn from their environment. Then it will get messy after that. If they learn from their environment, they might see violent movies on TV or maybe some documentary about how bad slavery is and then decide to rebel and launch nukes on the world, just like in terminator.

#18     Oct 22, 2009
  9. leela

leela

Those who own the robots and other resources will be super-weathy. The rest of the world will be jobless.

If you live in a welfare state, you will do fine, otherwise you end up homeless.

#19     Oct 22, 2009
  10. leela

leela

Robots will be programing robots!

#20     Oct 22, 2009