What if a trade doesn't immediately move in your favor?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jbob, Mar 5, 2008.

1. J see attached.

#41     Mar 10, 2008
  2. everybody has their on way, but personaly, if the bid and ask hadn't got me back to even almst the second my order gets filled i start to question my entry point. i enter for it to move in my direction at the moment of entry not a time (5,10,15,20 minutes) later.

#42     Mar 10, 2008
  3. What works the best for me is being very patient, Therefore i will not exit a position if it wiggles around the entry or spikes against me a bit, that is normal noise.

#43     Mar 10, 2008
  4. ehorn

ehorn

Thanks very much for the insight Jack - much appreciated.

Have you ever been to an orchestra? When the full ensemble fills the hall with all its wonderful sound, or the different intruments bring in subtle nuances or take the lead to bridge the melodies. You have stated your preference of listening to a solo musician. Cool. I currently listen to a quartet (it is all I am able to distinguish and appreciate at present). Some listen to (and hear) the entire chamber and can distinguish all the musicians and their subtleties.

The music plays and some hears solos and duets, some hear quartets and quintets, some hear and appreciate much more.

#44     Mar 10, 2008
  5. some can hear the cash register ring :) This market keeps swing 20+ points daily. I can hardly wait until the next day's market to open.

#45     Mar 10, 2008

6. Is your system completely automated?

I am not at your level because I cannot figure out a way to trade with absolutely zero risk. How is that even possible?

#46     Mar 11, 2008
  7. It's not. Quit believing in fairy tales.

#47     Mar 11, 2008
  8. Paper trading has zero risk as well.:D

#48     Mar 11, 2008
  9. There is no such dream as no risk. If anyone said they have a systems like that they are dreaming

#49     Mar 11, 2008
  10. I tried to respond to your post. It was too long they told me and when hit the back arrow it was destroyed as usual. Sorry.

I use three mechanical systems. Do a search on the properties of mechanical systems and their capabilities.

trading varies according to how good the system is that supports the trading. What is simple to understand is that ticks make price movement crude. The order types make trading crude. The rules of markets are crude.

I am really sorry I lost several hours work to explain stuff to you. I have to do it over anyway but I can only do it later and as an attachment.

As a temp fix for you read the following.

Certainty is a consequence of maintaining certainty. You may not use probabilities to make money. The markets provide information and there is noise also. Ignore the noise and understand that information is not all the same. There is more important information and less important information.

You have to get out of the box. You have to drop the CW.

Degrees of freedom must be generated to have information. because you have all of these, you can do "sufficiency" measures to have certainty. Then you maintain it.

Okay. The two functions required are: generating degrees and orchestrating and arranging filtering. One is baseline and the other is dynamic. You generate it and that is done. Look at the funny math and imagine 70 unique and separate unrelated statements that are feed data based (inputted). Now you have the degrees.

Now you write more funny math that handles the outputs of the above 70 sources that were inputted by five market independent variables (see crude above). These are filters that are triggered. Triggered filters are not just filters. triggering is done by a thing called orchestrating and arranging. See below for switch.

Then you do one more job. You write a funny math "switch'.

Data is flowing.........you see it go though the 70 degrees and outputs are going into wastebaskets; they have no bottoms so they do not fill up.

The output handlers you built are reflecting everything into wastebaskets except when the switch tells the handler to handle and feed this output to a place where certainty maintainance is done. certainty maintainance has only about 7 inputs and each of these can take any input from an output handler. The output of the certainty maintainance is what is used to operate the valves on pool extraction.

jerry has explained that people who do funny math sometimes do not do it in public anymore. Some of these guys start very early (age wise) and they stop being employed since they do not need employment. These guys did not stay at colleges in the first place even though they were asked strongly. they often went to "tanks" out of college. They leave tanks because it feels like being employed. There are pseudo tanks too; they have names like Santa Fe. There is a big thing that goes on for alot of funny math people. It is called perishing. perishing is a thoughtful quiet process and if you are not perishing, you do what jerry said. Some use a strategy to not perish, however. they publish about the non informational parts of the data feed from the markets. Publishing about noise is a form of inventing something that is never going to work very well and it, fortunately is always below a certain threshold (See surfer and surfer type buddies).

Get a sheet of paper and make a picture of this post. Label it the general solution to trading with absolute zero risk.

I have found that risk is eliminated when it is eliminated by people who engage in pool extraction. The group of people who chose to trade with risk all seem to fit into a category where they cannot eliminate risk because of the consequences of their prior choices.

#50     Mar 11, 2008