What if 20 Million Illegal Aliens Vacated America?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ProfLogic, Jun 28, 2010.

Should Illegal Aliens Vacate America?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. 1) Most fast food places hire illegal immigrants they just don't know it. go to LA to a Mexican neighborhood, it is not hard to find people selling soc sec numbers that belong to deceased people.

2) minimum wage is not 5.15 it is $7.35/hr

3) I have never seen an American who is willing to work in filthy and unhealthy conditions for minimum wage. I have never seen it

4) I live in Houston and you can get food so cheap here, you wonder how much the restaurants are paying for workers.

#41     Jun 30, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

I will definately choose a different path based on these assumptions. :)

#42     Jun 30, 2010
  3. drcha

drcha

I would rather have any of these Mexicans or El Salvadorans mow my lawn and clean my gutters than get one of McDonald's snotty-ass dimwit employees to do it. They would probably do a shitty job, then fall off the ladder or mow over their foot and sue me. The illegals work hard and they do a good job.

#43     Jun 30, 2010
  4. A lot of illegals are criminals and rapists. They deal drugs. They are in gangs. Do you want THEM to mow your lawn and clean your gutters?

#44     Jul 1, 2010
  5. Illegals are "illegal" because they've broken our laws. They've committed a CRIME. Some other countries imprison even inadvertent trespassers onto their land. Some even worse.

If I were making the rules...

1. Borders would be sealed and patrolled.

2. All illegal immigrants would be rounded up and deported. If they came back and were caught again, imprisoned. If they still want to emigrate to America, they must do so in the manner prescribed by law.

3. I wouldn't object to a "shoot on sight" procedure for those bold enough to try to come here illegally in spite of 1 & 2 above.

#45     Jul 1, 2010
  6. 1. The entire United States doesn't walk the same path as those in L.A. This is a large part of the problem. Hiring illegal workers is illegal . . . PERIOD.

2. Yes it is US$7.25 per hour. I mis-typed.

3. The filthy & unhealthy conditions exist because of the employer not the workers. Those employers ONLY exist because of cheap labor. Hiring illegal workers is illegal . . . PERIOD.

4. ??? If you spread out the increase in labor cost shipping the illegal labor out to an invidividual portion size, in overall increase is small. Restaurant industry has already done studies. Hiring illegal workers is illegal . . . PERIOD.

#46     Jul 1, 2010
  7. Hiring illegal workers is illegal . . . PERIOD.

Those snotty-ass dimwit fast food employers were taught in our dumbed down school system directed toward "No Child Left Behind" (No Child Gets Ahead) mentality geared toward non English speaking kids being raised by absentee parents.

Funny out here in rural North America, our lawns are mowed and homes repaired by ourselves, responsible teenagers or young adults who most had parents that took an active role in raising their children instilling on them a solid moral and ethical foundation.

Let the illegals go back to their home country and work hard at solving their own country's problems. They are more than welcome to return when they choose to enter this country legally.

#47     Jul 1, 2010
  8. Wrong! With this horrible economy more and more people are looking for work, any work.
    I have always mowed my own lawn. Couldn't see paying 40 bucks a week for grass cutting, and I don't mind yard work. Last month a 30 something white guy was coming around offering to mow lawns for 20 bucks a crack. Just a guy that lost his job, he's hungry and ready to work. He got my business, and the business of 5 others in the area. Mow's, weed whacks, edge's and does a damn good job. A couple of us have went around to others in the neighborhood endorsing this guy. The Mex crews are losing business weekly, and I'm more than happy to be part of their demise.

#48     Jul 1, 2010
  9. Well Done!!

#49     Jul 1, 2010
  10. I don't have any strong opinions on illegal immigration, and certainly no solutions... but I find it quaint that the word 'illegal' still means something to you.

Ever fill out a form with inaccurate information and mail it? That's felony mail fraud. Ever gotten a blowjob? That's felony sodomy in many states. Ever violate copyright laws? Five year federal felony right there. Ever threaten to kick someone's ass on the internet? Another five year felony. I could search your home right now and find a dozen "illegal" items without breaking a sweat.

The bottom line is that if you're not in a coma and all of your activities were known to the authorities, they could legally put each and every one of us in prison for life if they felt like it. By making <b>all</b> of our daily lives "illegal" in some way, the legislators have completely diluted the meaning of the word. No wonder people don't respect the laws- there's just too many of them to bother.

#50     Jul 1, 2010