What i wish for superbowl 23

Discussion in 'Sports' started by s trader, Sep 14, 2023.

1. s trader

s trader

San Francisco 49ers versus Miami Dolphins. Don't want to jinx it but imagine this matchup. A Marino like QB on the SF team and a Montana like QB on the Miami. An interesting deja vu, right?

3. Tua is leading all MVP candidates.

Some of these teams should consider playing the preseason.

Survivor picks this week look like Seattle, JAX or the Rams if Burrow doesn't play.

4. 4 seconds left, down by 10, Rams kick field goal to cover the 7 1/2 spread.

Another "cover the spread game" was Oct 14, 2021 Eagles vs Bucs; even the announcers were questioning the Eagles' defensive formations after that 2 point conversion.

Point shaving and throwing games are still alive and well.

5. This was what real football use to be:

LT's greatest hits
    (Link works, video won't post because of copyright).

If you didn't block LT, police with yellow tape were on the sidelines ready to declare the backfield a crime scene.

nitrene likes this.
  6. nitrene

nitrene

I don't even recognize the modern NFL. I started watching the NFL in 1974 where great lineman ruled the game play which is why Air Coryell was a revolution in the early 1980s. Too much attention to snowflake QBs who can't get hurt or the NFL's chances of making ad money.

I guess that explains the rise of mobile QBs. I remember Staubach was a quasi mobile quarterback and his career ended due to too many hits that he took. I guess Cunningham & Young did play a long time but they were really pass first run second QBs.

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I wish Philly vs. LA Rams making it the Love Hurts SB.

9. Easy contest pick, Denver.

10. s trader

s trader

So the dolphins let me down but no matter i realise my dolphin team has always included coach Shula in command. Without him the dolphins just don't look and feel the same. I am neutral on 49ers versus Chiefs and i figure Mahomes very much like to win his third but look out for Purdy. Just found down he is a Capricorn. I am an amateur astrologer and some people think strong warrior signs are Leo, Scorpio, Taurus, Aries but to me Capricorns are born champions so i don't expect Purdy to choke. Is not Brady also a Capricorn. Should be an entertaining game.

#10     Feb 6, 2024