What I think the truth behind the corona virus boogeyman story

Discussion in 'Options' started by ggelitetrader000, Mar 26, 2020.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I recommend that if you're going to compare Covid-19 to the other superbugs that have one year statistics...best than to wait a full year for Covid-19 to have its own statistics.

Covid-19 started in China in December 2019. That would imply the we can then start comparing Covid-19 in December 2020 because it would have then had a full year of statistics.

Another way you can use the statistics is to compare the numbers by the month of infection, deaths and spread. I've never seen those numbers discussed during the current Covid-19 outbreak but I have seen the monthly stats of the other superbugs in medical journals.

If you do that, Covid-19 is up there with the other superbugs for each of the first four months and I have seen at least one WHO member discussed that fact but he did not go into details about the specific stats. Its one of the reasons why the health organizations are in a panic as they get for the other superbugs...

Panic usually subsides exponentially when antibiotics, vaccines and easily available treatments are discover for the superbugs.

I prefer to look at it like a cancer. If you go to a doctor and they tell you there's no antibiotic, no vaccine and no government approved treatment that will save you...people tend to freak out.

Now imagine if they tell you...you're highly contagious and you need to be quarantine to protect the public. Its a scary thing to experience...I've been there twice as an infected patient and now Covid-19 has arrived.

So yeah, I've been thru this panic before when I myself had one of those other listed superbugs and the hospital went into a panic (the floor I was a patient) and all doctors / nurses that had enter my hospital or the ICU had to be quarantine and blood tested.

I saw that panic in the hospital although the public was never aware about what was occurring in the hospital.

Now with Covid-19 and I'm healthy...I can see the exact same panic in so many others in my community / surroundings / government because too many people are not following the health recommendations.

Regardless to all the conspiracy theories or boogeyman stories...you still gotta follow the health recommendations no matter your age or recent (prior) health conditions. That's the problem, some believe in those stories and then make the idiotic decision to follow the health guidelines...that's one of the reasons why Covid-19 has been having the current panic reaction.

Too many people didn't care and now they're sitting around after infecting others...blaming the government and health officials. :rolleyes:

wrbtrader

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    #11     Mar 26, 2020
    Pekelo likes this.
  2. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

This is just a ridiculous conspiracy theory. Were the markets overvalued, yes, were we due for a correction, yes. But to suggest that practically every politician is playing the same far fetched game is ridiculous. Those wall street boys can take people's money far easierthan to invent a crisis like this

#12     Mar 26, 2020
  3. gkishot

gkishot

Every year, about 2 million people get sick from a superbug, according to the CDC. About 23,000 die.
    https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20150417/superbugs-what-they-are

#13     Mar 26, 2020
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Speaking of conspiracies, I can come up with a much better one:

The virus was made for fixing social security. In most countries the system is failing because there is not enough birth and the old geezers live way too long.

Well, this virus is a perfect fix for that. Now this theory is way more probable than OP's. Not to mention that back in December the market wasn't even that overheated...

#14     Mar 26, 2020
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

They wouldn't make a bug to fix this issue, then spend trillions fighting there own bug to unfix the issue, so fail! Next!!

Come on throw ideas out, got to be something nobody has yet thought of.

Okay, maybe there countrys doing nothing are using it for that ?? Maybe 1 of them made it.

#15     Mar 26, 2020
  6. tsfx

tsfx

This conspiracy is the most popular one for weeks already :)

#16     Mar 26, 2020
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Most popular boogeyman theory I've heard is that the Covid-19 was engineer and intentionally released in by China / in China so that it can spread against those having trade wars with them.

This theory started making its rounds when China quickly reacted / shutting down the spread of the virus in its own country while the rest of the world where happy to say "I'm young and had mild symptoms...people are just over-reacting".

Now China is posed to swoop in and take over the economies of their trade war enemies.

Regardless, with all this free money being printed...I'm going to use my free money to buy up cheap Wuhan properties (sarcasm).

wrbtrader

#17     Mar 26, 2020
  8. dozu888

dozu888

stock market needs correction not because of valuation. valuation is DIRT CHEAP. please get this out of your head that p/e needs to align with historical average. we are way out of Kansas already with ZIRP NIRP. SPY p/e should be at least 50 to be fair value.

correction is needed to shake out the speculators, who were not in it for the long run but somehow got lucky to be in the money due to the rise in 2019.

read all my posts in the past 3 weeks.... I have explained everything.

#18     Mar 26, 2020
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I would buy this if the maker was Russia (or anybody not China). Who is so stupid to release it in their own country?? If they know epidemics well, they should have known they are going to get hit anyway, but releasing it in their own territory doesn't make sense. Unless they wanted to cull their population but apparently not because they acted eventually very strong.

#19     Mar 26, 2020
  10. tsfx

tsfx

Peleko's conspiracy is still legit when you look 10,20,30 years ahead. The trillions spent to fight the virus aren't real dollars :)

#20     Mar 26, 2020