What I Like About Communism

Discussion in 'Economics' started by oldtime, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Capitalism or Communism 2 vile and cruel extremes that have both foundered. Only the capitalists are too stupid to know it yet.

There is no need to be cruel to have an efficient and laudable system. Why not ry being fair, decent, competent and honest - political dimwits !!

#11     Jan 22, 2012
    BoyBrutus likes this.
  2. cornix

cornix

Communism is great if not consider two "minor" issues:

1) It's basically not any close to what it's name is and the reality is - elite lives like kings and the rest are bound to live low profile. No choice.

2) It doesn't work anyway economically, because communism model is a losing business model. And any state economy is basically a corporation, it either is profitable or it sinks.

#12     Jan 22, 2012
  3. Humpy

Humpy

Just in case anyone is interested in WHO is going to win the election

#13     Jan 22, 2012
  4. zdreg

zdreg

#14     Jan 22, 2012
  5. gkishot

gkishot

Communism is a big labor camp and people are slaves of the state who are significantly underpaid.

#15     Jan 22, 2012
  6. One could try a month in North Korea, I heard it has full employment too...

#16     Jan 22, 2012
    Stocktracker likes this.
  7. PARTY! NORTH KOREA! SATURDAY NIGHT! BYOF (bring your own food)

#17     Jan 22, 2012

8. There are some truth to this post. It is not easy for being middle class nowadays, with responsibility for elders and youngers. Lot of them max'd out their credit card, they are living on a very thin margin of what they can bring home now. An accident or a medical problem could throw them homeless.

#18     Jan 22, 2012
  9. cornix

cornix

This discussion about communism vs. capitalism reminded me the argument, what is better: CD or trading/investing (i. e. small but guaranteed income vs. uncertainty with chance for both losing or winning). :D

#19     Jan 22, 2012
  10. Sad, but true. Central Planning is the hallmark of Communism, and the Federal Reserve is the Central Planner of the US economy.

And just like a household - whomever controls the purse-strings, rules the house.

Inflation is an invisible tax, so the gov't taxes you directly, and the Fed (regressive-tax) taxes you indirectly.

#20     Jan 22, 2012