What has Trading Taught You About Yourself?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by achilles28, Feb 6, 2008.

1. That which hurts, teaches.

#11     Feb 6, 2008
  2. buylo

buylo

1. I can take the Lord's name in vain more times then what my Catholic upbringing would like me to.

2. The longer I stay in this business, the less employable I am outside the trading world.

3. No matter how many times I tell myself that "it" won't happen again. It will.

4. I have a chronic disease. Trading. Once you get the bug, it WILL NEVER be cured. Even my friends out of the biz still long to be in it. "I've never loved a job so much, that treated me so shitty." ~My brother.

5. When I told my Prop Shop I would do "anything" to succeed, I actually did.

6. I wouldn't want to do anything else with my life.

#12     Feb 6, 2008
  3. Well said. The Marine Corps has a similar saying: "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

#13     Feb 6, 2008
  4. nothing positive, that's for sure

#14     Feb 7, 2008
  5. I suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder. Must trade.....Must trade.....Must trade.....Duhhh! Shouldn't have traded!

#15     Feb 7, 2008
  6. Fangdog

Fangdog

the true definition for the word "Humility" and the true definition for the word "Illusion"....When it is all said and done, what it means to be alone.

#16     Feb 7, 2008
  7. Go with the flow ...

#17     Feb 7, 2008
  8. The human soul has three fatal weaknesses: money, sex and power. They all inflate our egos and prop up our insecure, fallen selves.

Of these, the one Jesus taught most about in the Bible was money. The fear of losing it (or of not winning it) is what drives most traders out there. As the OP pointed out, you have to die to yourself in order to overcome these things. (This is not the same as being born again, but it has a lot in common).

#18     Feb 7, 2008
  9. This is a very true statement that I have recently come to realize. Thank You for confirming it.

#19     Feb 7, 2008
  10. Trading has taught me that the market is the definition of "Sand baggin SOB"... so with trading or in life, dont take negative events so personally, shit happens, the market is not againstyou,

#20     Feb 7, 2008