What Has Trading Given You?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JRL, Feb 21, 2010.

1. From great basketball players, chess champions, poker players, race car drivers, and great traders , they all love the game more than the money they earn from playing. If you do it for the money it will be a strain or struggle for you. Do it for self mastery and one day the money will come easy.

#11     Feb 21, 2010
  2. I basically agree with you, but I would make one modification: If you do it ONLY for the money, it will be a strain or a struggle.

Money definitely matters. I have a wife and two kids to support. But I do love trading. I still love the challenge.

#12     Feb 21, 2010
  3. Good point.

#13     Feb 21, 2010
  4. Even though I am just a newbie to the trading industry, I learned a lot of things from it.

The best thing trading has taught me is to learn to accept failures and not to chase to make good the loss. Discipline, patience and humility are some of the most important attributes I learned.

It has also changed my view of money. That there are easier ways to make money instead of doing a regular day job. Overall, it has given me a positive outlook in life despite some of my losses.

As I go on further in trading, I know the markets will probably reveal more about myself - A journey of discovery which is exciting.

#14     Feb 22, 2010
  5. So you ask superficial questions.

So your mind is not supporting anything.

You're stuck. Did you know that?

#15     Feb 22, 2010
  6. I hear there's a lot of openings in that field.

#16     Feb 22, 2010
  7. pspr

pspr

It does require a person with a split personality and a holesome outlook. Just gotta keep your nose clean! :eek:

#17     Feb 22, 2010
  8. GG1972

GG1972

Trading gave the world Jack Hershey.
    :D :D

I can understand the incessant ramblings of a homeless drug addict but fail to understand Jack Hershey's posts.

Maybe one day......

#18     Feb 22, 2010