What Has Stoney Done For You?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Ok we have a $4,000.00 gain folks on FNSR!!! :cool: This makes me really happy because like PPO and UA it was a pick geared to the older set of investors. The fact that FMCN worked out so well too and is $1 higher than where we sold it!!! Can only show you that this 4 star thread deserves it's accolades.

Is it just me or are we kicking ass!!!!

Anyway the question is whether to book that $4K and say yet another week in the bag and it's wed... or do we hope there is a buyout rumor circulating somewhere which is lending itself to this 5% move in FNSR....

Regarding Polypore PPO- Great News.

Needham & Company Reiterates a 'Strong Buy' on Polypore Int'l (PPO); Secular Transition To Electric Drive Likely To Gain Momentum

September 29, 2010 8:30 AM EDT
    Needham & Company reiterates a 'Strong Buy' rating on Polypore Int'l (NYSE: PPO), raises PT from $30 to $36. and stoney says zowi!

Needham analyst says, "In our view, the core fundamentals remain solid with the lead acid separator business experiencing healthy demand. Our research suggests that Polypore is supplying the lithium-ion (li-ion) separator material that is being used in most of the major electric vehicle (EV) models that will be rolled out later this year. In our view, the emerging li-ion business for EVs is likely to gain momentum and could drive about 15% of revenues next year."

The 52-wk trading range is $10.17 - 31.04.� Shares finished at $29.53 yesterday.

I'd like to take a moment and pat myself on the back. We started out profiling rare earths and then as the story matriculated with China cutting back exports we explored all the mines in the world and came up with one investment. A stock no one knows. At the time I said REE the stock would get all the attention but I wanted to be big picture. Well our big picture has us up $1,000 in two days and while REE did run up, it also crashed a buck today on fast money churn... our little LYSDY now @$13.00 chugs on unnoticed. All it takes is one newsletter to run with our idea... one really good PR about the mine or a FT investing piece... with all the action in the space I'm confident the story of Lynas will get out soon. My Price Target- $19.75.

The buy today is TAP @ $47.00 I'm waiting on a sell opinion on FNSR before swapping today. Also I'm taking CROX off the board $11.20-$13.00 and repaying my mother out of pocket for the 25 cents per share she lost on her lot... For all the hopplah, basically a round trip for moste which we bottom fished great, why push it... ~stoney

#71     Sep 29, 2010
  2. I'm surprised more people aren't writing in about yesterday's pick up of QUIK @$4.80... sure is perty at $5.20 eh?

Well here is the situation folks. I start these threads with seven or ten ideas and I spread them about and at various points act upon them and we have reached that unfortunate moment when I have to admit-- there are no more ideas. To create them now is to push blindly while breaking one of my basic rules-- follow every potential investment for 2 weeks before buying it.

So the watch list that I brought into this thread is officially OVER.

I will tally up some loose ends and post one more time on which stks from this thread we are holding thru Oct. Then I will take a few weeks to hopefully become inspired and come up with some new ideas.

yours~ stoney

#72     Sep 29, 2010
  3. Alright here we go the SI PORTFOLIO from this thread still marching is:

CAVM IN AT $27

PPO In at $24 (don't quote me there I have to double check at the most $26 can't remember. )

DCTH In at $7.40

TAP in today @ $47

AVNR in @ $2.60

GSM in @ $14.00

QUIK IN @ $4.80

FNSR in @$15.50

LYSDY in @ $12.00

WHAT A FINE 9! Can you imagine ever getting your portfolio update in the mail and having these names? Wouldn't that be nice to have someone working their ass off for you for free? Along the way we booked outsized gains in SPRD (40%) and FMCN $19.00- $23.00; UA brought us $7,000 as well. I would guess the average gain for you guys following this thread is about $22,000 since threads inception, $26,000 if we sell FNSR... (that's really the only up in the air question now). Plus you have all these names for oct.

Let's end this thread on a HIGH note then because one never wants to overstay one's welcome. It's been a while... and I've been dying to say it but BYRON PUT THIS ONE IN THE BOOK!!! :p ~stoney

#73     Sep 29, 2010
  4. Sorry....

Did sell FNSR today after some thoughts by an analyst. Booked the gain.

We are getting the reversal day that preludes a sell off, the only tricky part here is the end of month skewing...

Watching:

CAVM would of been a nice sell yesterday. Looking at that.
    PPO has developed some nice support that would be loath to sell.
    GSM being so recent a purchase will be watched for source of funds if we lose the heavy re- flation trade.

Aside from that we take the rest of the portfolio thru oct-

DCTH In at $7.40

TAP in today @ $47.00

AVNR in @ $2.60

QUIK IN @ $4.80

LYSDY in @ $12.00

And watching:

GOK // JKS // BW // VALE (might of jumped the gun with the sell there) and BRCD which was suggested to me by the hedge fund over FNSR. ~stoney

#74     Sep 30, 2010

5. We are getting the reversal day that preludes a sell off, the only tricky part here is the end of month skewing.

huh........?

maybe post up a p and l blotter for the last 12 months.

sparking up some shrub.

s

:cool:

#75     Mar 14, 2012
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Stoney!!!!

I did a search for windmills because I wanted to find that one one stock we talked about last month, the one that makes composites.

This thread on the search page caught me eye and I had to look.

>>>> 12 years later and you ain't changed a bit. :D :thumbsup: :fistbump:

#76     Jun 24, 2022

7. CLASSIC! :cool::cool::cool:

#77     Jun 24, 2022
  8. Description

TPI Composites, Inc. manufactures and sells composite wind blades, and related precision molding and assembly systems to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The company also provides composite solutions for the transportation industry; and field service inspection and repair services to OEM customers and wind farm owners and operators. It operates in the United States, Asia, Mexico, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India. The company was formerly known as LCSI Holding, Inc. and changed its name to TPI Composites, Inc. in 2008. TPI Composites, Inc. was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona.

#78     Jun 24, 2022