What has Obama done???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Your conservative buddies want a theocracy, this is so patently obvious that to deny this must require a healthy dose of cognitive dissonance. In fact, I think you actually know this, and are arguing for the sake of it, which is perfectly okay.:D

#51     Sep 24, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This was your original statement:

Please define how this is possible given the following charts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now all you have to do is support your original statement, please.

#52     Sep 24, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Please allow me to enlighten you, RCG.

Definition: Theocracy is a form of government in which official policy is governed by immediate divine guidance or by officials who are regarded as divinely guided, or is pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group.

For you to suggest anyone here is suggesting this is a blatant lie and shows you are either very, very stupid or just in-genuine. Which is it?

#53     Sep 24, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

No. You're trying to twist the argument around. My point, and all that I said (go back and read it again) was that many conservatives recognize that this country was founded on the separation of church and state, something many of the founders supported.

Now, if people on this website who you group as "conservatives" want a change in that, then that is something you should argue. You cannot group the views of 6 or so posters on this website into an argument that "conservatives everywhere are looking for a theocracy".

You're really not all that good of a debater, RCG. You get caught up in many of the pitfalls that debate teams study hard to avoid. I recommend you pick up a book on how to debate properly if you want to get into such arguments online. It will help.

#54     Sep 24, 2012
  5. This is called deflection. The fact is that those six or so posters clearly represent the Tea Party as reflected in a much larger sample size. I say again. You are no conservative. And conservatives would reject you as such based on you church and state stance alone. Go back a read a few headlines. Your buddies want a theocracy, and this is clearly obvious. The abortion argument alone points to this. If you are not Christian, you are not American in these people's view. If you disagree with this, again, expect to be cast out.

#55     Sep 24, 2012
  6. Easily. The economy is like an oil tanker, and that tanker is just beginning to turn. All necessary stats have been posted by others, and I am not one to continuously reinvent the wheel.

#56     Sep 24, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

Bullshit. Go look at some other recoveries. You don't know what you are talking about.

#57     Sep 24, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Deflection, haha...

So now we're talking about the Tea Party and not "conservatives". Which is it? The Tea Party were founded (the more recent version of it, not the 1776 Bostonians) on a concept of FISCAL CONSERVATISM. That's it. One united point in all of their discussions is a return to Fiscal Responsibility. Are there religious zealots on their group? Sure. Just like there are lunatic fringe communist and marxists at every Occupy Wall Street type movement. Is that the core element? No. Of course it's not.

There are a few posters on this board that are very religious. pspr and Peil to name two. They are adamantly apposed to things like gay marriage and abortion. This DOES NOT MEAN they want a Theocratic government like you said in your post.

All Conservatives are fiscal conservatives. Not all conservatives are social conservatives. In fact, many are not. They are libertarian, and by definition, that means they believe you (and whoever else) should be allowed to do as you wish as long as your views and lifestyle are not forced up me.

Lucrum is one such poster. You would group him in your original point where he wants a Theocratic government. You would be wrong to do so, as Lucrum doesn't give a rats ass about organized religion (correct me if I am wrong, Lucrum). You get in arguments with him (not blaming you or him) but you fail to hear that he is not this arch right wing guy you think he is. He's far more fiscally conservative than he is socially conservative (although he has some of that as well).

#58     Sep 24, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Your original question in the thread title:

What has Obama done? Done, of course, being a synonym for "accomplished" or "completed".

Your statement was that he returned us to fiscal discipline. I then showed you stats to the contrary of this, and didn't even mention that no budget has been passed in how many years. And now you're saying, "well, he's on the way to fiscal discipline..." yet there is no evidence of that in any of your arguments, and you simply say "go find the proof where it was stated before."

I don't recall seeing any sound proof of economical/fiscal discipline (of Obama's) posted on these forums. If you would like to link to the posts, I'd be happy to submit those to your arguments and rebut accordingly (if I can).

If you simply wish to bow out, then I accept your resignation of the topic.

#59     Sep 24, 2012
  10. Hardly, Tsing. In fact it is quite the pleasure to be having a high level discussion on the subject. I might learn something in the coming days:)

#60     Sep 24, 2012