What has been working well?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by William, Aug 3, 2002.

1. When you were trading...what worked well for you?

NihabaAshi

#11     Aug 4, 2002
  2. With the recent volatility, the biggest winners in the San Diego office have been the scalpers trading big liquid NYSE names and looking for small moves .10 to .30 and or cutting losses immediately if it does not make the move with the futures.

Rtharp has also been VERY consistent with Opening Orders.

Good Luck!

#12     Aug 4, 2002
  3. Thanks P2. I appreciate it. I wish I knew where the bottom or top was; it would help to define the profit objective even more.

Good trading next week!

#13     Aug 4, 2002
  4. Wish I could say more. It's about 70% gut feel, and the rest is just dumb luck and big balls.

#14     Aug 4, 2002
  5. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

those who try to pick bottoms end up with smelly fingers......:D i wouldn't encourage newbies to bottom fish stocks- you will get burned more often than not...

#15     Aug 4, 2002
  6. Publias

Publias Guest

If you know what you are doing it can be a VERY profitable endeavor...

#16     Aug 4, 2002
  7. Publias

Publias Guest

SHORTS :D

#17     Aug 4, 2002
  8. yeah shorts...personally....I've just been churning/running in place in my daytrading account....and making some good $ in the swing acct just doing some good old fashion research....being in a downtrend, looking for stocks making new lows..or pulling up from lows with low volume...then getting short , setting a stop.....the other thing that has been working is following the corporate paper market.that has by far been making me the most $ this year. also the ponies at saratoga have been paying off well too this year...
    Happy trading:cool:

#18     Aug 4, 2002