What happens when dumbasses get to vote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, May 12, 2009.

1. The Bush man was not the topic; catch up with the program before you make a comment that reveals your lack of well something.

You tell me first where you went and then maybe I'll show you mine; OK????

Seneca

#51     May 12, 2009
  2. I don't recall the lawyer team to Alaska story and she discredited herself and needed no assistance.

For an example of her lack of brains,check out her story about the natural gas pipeline she claimed during the campaign to have built.

The reality is no such pipeline exists and she paid some Canadian company about 500 million when there is no chance in hell that they could ever build it as they have no gas to transmit through it. Google "open season" in conjunction with this topic to have Palin's real brainpower revealed.

IN case you can't use Google, here is a link to the full story.

http://www.portfolio.com/executives/features/2009/03/17/Governor-Palins-Big-Energy-Battles

Seneca

#52     May 12, 2009
  3. dsq

dsq

Its amazing how much palins intelligence parallels this miss california idiot.Same stupid mind and logic.Hubris replacing intelligence.

#53     May 12, 2009
  4. Bush is always the topic with statists. He is always on their mind, ever since he kicked Al Gore's ass back in 2000.

If you call it the "conservative, anti-intellectual crowd", then you have to put up or shut up. You know where Bush studied. Where did you?

#54     May 12, 2009
  5. #55     May 12, 2009
  6. In my view, the Bush man has left the building and will spend the rest of his life awaiting the likely unkind verdict of history placing him amongst the worst presidents of all time.

As far as the anti intellectual crowd, all you have to do is watch faux news for an hour and the issue is Res ipsa loquitur.

Or you could read the comments from Nobel Laurate, P. Krugman (ad hominen ahead):

Now, I don’t mean that G.O.P. politicians are, on average, any dumber than their Democratic counterparts. And I certainly don’t mean to question the often frightening smarts of Republican political operatives.

"
    What I mean, instead, is that know-nothingism — the insistence that there are simple, brute-force, instant-gratification answers to every problem, and that there’s something effeminate and weak about anyone who suggests otherwise — has become the core of Republican policy and political strategy. The party’s de facto slogan has become: “Real men don’t think things through.'"

Seneca

#56     May 13, 2009
  7. Obama and McCain and Palin and Biden were subjected to the harshest test know: a presidential election and the people chose Obama and Biden and therefore the people were satisfied with their qualifications. Palin not only showed a lack of experience but utter stupidity and voters quickly saw through her charade.

Again, take a look at her trans Canadian pipeline deal to see complete and utter stupidity in action.

Seneca

#57     May 13, 2009
  8. Harshest test example:

Obama questions from Gibson interview -

How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?
    How does it feel to “win”?
    How does your family feel about your “winning” breaking a glass ceiling?
    Who will be your VP?
    Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?
    Will you accept public finance?
    What issues is your campaign about?
    Will you visit Iraq?
    Will you debate McCain at a town hall?
    What did you think of your competitor’s [Clinton] speech?

Palin questions from Gibson interview -

Do you have enough qualifications for the job you’re seeking? Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?
    Aren’t you conceited to be seeking this high level job?
    Questions about foreign policy
    -territorial integrity of Georgia
    -allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO
    -NATO treaty
    -Iranian nuclear threat
    -what to do if Israel attacks Iran
    -Al Qaeda motivations
    -the Bush Doctrine
    -attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan
    Is America fighting a holy war? [misquoted Palin]

The voters were sure given a 'fair' chance...but THANK GOD we know how Obama feels!

Now, what were Obama's foreign policy qualifications? I'm not yet informed.

#58     May 13, 2009
  9. Don't you think its the dems who have brute-force, instant-gratification answers to everything. Look at Obama's answer to the economy. His answer is simply take over as much as possible as quickly as possible. We have seen knee-jerk reaction after knee-jerk reaction from this group. His answer to spending is to simply spend as much as you can, as quickly as you can, and then pat yourself on the back. Education is the same, just spend more money on it so that he feels better even though that approach has been tried over and over again, and it has failed everytime.

#59     May 13, 2009
  10. Yes, it's all about 'how it feels'. As long as it tingles and feels good, it IS good.

Until the happy ending comes and reality slaps you in the face and you realize you just made a terrible mistake.

But that is where Bush comes in...

#60     May 13, 2009