What happens when dumbasses get to vote

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, May 12, 2009.

1. If you really believe that you are truly an idiot.

#21     May 12, 2009
  2. And it makes you INSANE that no one cares. Doesn't it!!

:D:D:D

#22     May 12, 2009
  3. Why exactly do you especially like that? Its true. You can see it.

All you statists might not like it, but get ready because that area of the world is going to be of key strategic importance.

#23     May 12, 2009
  4. Does oxygen have a Kryptonite effect on your brain?

#24     May 12, 2009
  5. Which, of course, makes her an authority on matters of foreign policy. You do realize that this was her allusion in making such a comment, don't you?

#25     May 12, 2009
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I'm not sure what advanced degree's have to do with intelligence. They certainly speak of academic acomplishment and also of sticking to what you start, but I've met a lot of educated idiots.
    If you look at the Forbes 400 about 35% of them have no college degree at all, and that group is, on average, 20% wealthier vs the group with a college degree even when you take Bill Gates out of the picture. Interestingly the HS dropouts are the richest group, on average, in the entire list.
    Brandon

#26     May 12, 2009
  7. IMO, academic accomplishment is indictive of intelligence as opposed to the conservative anti intellectual crowd which I fully expected to post a comment like yours. Since we have no other data to judge whether the original comment, "only dumbasses voted for Obama" may be objectively judged, I selected the data point that measures intelligence by academic achievement and income levels.

If you chose to measure it by some arbitrary method, do so and cite your basis and source.

Comments like you make are meaningless like most conservative rhetoric or in other words speaking in sound bites is not productive.

Your comment about the Forbes 400 means nothing as 400 people do not make a meaningful sample plus rich people voted for Obama anyway; so why bring it up as it contradicts your point anyway.

I agree there are educated idiots but there are a lot more uneducated ones thus proving idiots seek domain in all walks of life but IMO they dominate in the ranks of the less educated.

But to jump to a conclusion as I think you are trying to do by implying level of education is not a predictor of overall intelligence is silly at best.

My apologies to you if you do not hold an advanced degree as you write well and for that matter cuss well and my guess is you would be fun to drink with.

Seneca

#27     May 12, 2009
  8. Throw out Dell and Ellison and then how do your stats hold up?

#28     May 12, 2009
  9. And what does that have to do with anything? Would you prefer that an uneducated president lead your country? Are you making a case for choosing presidential candidates from a pool of high school dropouts?

Intelligence is innate, just like athletic ability. Education is to intelligence what practice and training are to natural athletic capability in realizing its natural potential. Intelligence may not require formal education, but they complement each other nicely. Synergy and all that.

As for your Forbes 400 remark, put your money where your mouth is. If that statistic is genuinely meaningful to you, then if you ever choose to have children perhaps you should discourage them from attending school so that they can make it big.

#29     May 12, 2009
  10. nice post he's amoron :cool:

#30     May 12, 2009