What happens to your body when you eat oatmeal everyday

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Frederick Foresight, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I have been eating oatmeal every morning for the past 3 weeks, but I've also had an itchy and runny nose for about the same amount of time. At first I thought it was just an allergy to something outdoors or something else but now I'm wondering if it's the oatmeal that giving me that reaction. This is the first morning that I haven't had oatmeal so I'm going to test it out and see if my symptoms go away over the next few days.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    BlacknBlue, userque and wrbtrader like this.
  2. I hope it's not the oats. I love the stuff. Although I only have oatmeal once weekly, I include 3 heaping tablespoons of oat bran in each of my two daily milkshakes.

3. I had eaten a serving of oatmeal every single morning for years. Quite suddenly, last fall, oatmeal starting giving me the shits, and I mean serious, where's a f'n toilet right now kind of shits. I stopped eating if for several weeks, ate it again, same result. About a month ago I decided to try again, and cooked it a little longer. No real problems since.

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I've eaten oatmeal most of my life...since my early teens when I begin competing sports on a junior national level. In fact, we had a team nutritionist that "recommended" it as a source of fiber and high energy.

Never had a problem with it for 3 decades until early 2015...started having itchy eyes, runny nose along with a few other minor things. Saw an allergist...they did some tests...bingo...I was mysteriously now allergic to oatmeal. :confused:

Although my allergy was minor in which it didn't require me to walk around with an epinephrine auto-injector...I now eat more polenta (popular dish in my culture), corn and rice...to replace what I loss when I was forced to stop eating oatmeal.

Allergist stated our bodies change as we get older. Thus, I didn't have a problem with Oatmeal until I got older. Actually, my entire immune system begin changing dramatically for me in 2015 and sometimes I think the development of an allergy to Oatmeal was like a warning sign about dramatic changes in my immune system to something worst to come when I would later become seriously ill in the fall of 2016 from pneumonia.

Strangely those in my family and friends I had direct contact with didn't have any illness when I became ill.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    userque and ElCubano like this.
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

I used to have asthma attacks as a kid. Never had one again after the age of 9-10. Our bodies do change/‘morph.

6. Maverick1

Maverick1

Could be the pesticides in your oatmeal: the farmers spray the crops to dessicate them right before harvest, enabling a faster operation and a bigger bottom line...:wtf:

qaz, wrbtrader and Relentless like this.
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Well, it's day two of not eating oatmeal and all of the itching symptoms I had are completely gone.

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I was eating organic oatmeal, whatever that means these days.

#10     Jun 6, 2020
    Buy1Sell2 and Maverick1 like this.