What happened today?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Sarasota, Jun 20, 2005.

1. No volume......ES has a 4.25 pt total range....2.75 pt range the last 3 hours.

Why no trading/volume today?

2. Truff

Truff

Monday in the summer after quadruple witching might have something to do with it

3. Frankly, I am surprised that anyone is surprised with the lack of range and volatility. To me, this just seems like business as usual for the indicies in recent times.

4. You always have to wait until the close before making conclusions, you never know what still can happen. It's like fishing, on a calm day just before going home, you still can catch a whale although you already settle one hour before for a frog.:)

My english is not so good, so i have to make posting with the words i know. Which is sometimes complicated.:D

5. I'd say lately, most have been settling for frogs.

6. Truff

Truff

I agree, this has been par for the course lately

7. Only the japanese still settle for whales according to the news today.

Watch the frog become a whale before the close.

8. I disagree. I absolutely killed it the last two weeks. The lowest day I had was 7.25 ES pts. per contract before commissions. At least in recent weeks even if we have a 6 or 7 point range, at least price was swinging and giving us good solid entries.

In addition....looks like I spoke too soon. That move up was nice. Took 3.75 with two different trend continuation entries there. The less than 3 point range for three hours was driving me nuts.