What happened to the Superbowl Tradesports?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChaosNSX, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Every Superbowl I like to trade the game on tradesports now all of a sudden I can't find the site?

Was it bought out shut down what happened? That was the best part about the Superbowl for me.

You guys who traded on tradesports, are you guys all using intrade.com now, or is there another event driven exchange I am not aware of.

As a sidenote will be interesting when the hollywood exchange stops being fantasy money and Cantor Fitzgerald actually gets some contracts engineered. Some of these studios are going to need to hedge going into this year. :D

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

3. Wasn't me, it was my alter ego from the alleged darker side of ET.

:eek:

In all serious though, do you know what happened to Tradesports, I want to participate like usual this year where ever the exchange moved.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Tradesports was an online trading exchange website whose members speculate on the outcomes of future sports events. Founded by John Delaney in 2000,[1] and located in Dublin, Ireland, by 2005 it reported 50,000 members and an average monthly volume of four million trades.[2]

Tradesports' sister website, Intrade.com (founded in 2001[3] and acquired by Tradesports in 2003[2]), is a prediction market for all non-sports-related events.

On November 18, 2008, it was announced that TradeSports would cease operations and expire all open contracts at prices not equal to 0 or 100, even though the site stated that all funds were segregated and that contracts would all be expired at 0 or 100 depending on the outcome of the underlying event, with Tradesports merely acting as an escrow agent.

5. Wow, Thanks, glad I wasn't stuck in that debacle. Guess its intrade from now on.

R.I.P Tradesports, you will be missed.

Enjoy the game..

6. Tradesports own InTrade - is InTrade in danger of shutting down as well?