What happened to the old traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JPB, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Dustin and Lescor are still around, don't post as often.

#51     Apr 13, 2017
  2. it's same as always, depends on your timing

#52     Apr 13, 2017
  3. Okay, but I do notice less clean and less frequent follow-through on individual intraday moves, and generally narrower intraday ranges, at least compared to a year or so ago or longer.

#53     Apr 13, 2017
    lovethetrade likes this.
  4. yep it's been tougher

around this time last year i could trade monday through friday and find opportunities everyday to scalp on; lately, 1 or 2 days are tradeable and the rest is chop in one direction

#54     Apr 13, 2017
  5. Hooti

Hooti

Hi Pekelo. She was kind enough to talk to me on the phone a few times over the years, as well as exchanges on ET. Most of what I posted above are things she said in posts on ET. I just factored in the time element of her posts.

Why she quit posting is a guess on my part... from reading between the lines of my last conversation with her and the things she posted on ET.

I paid attention to her because I connected to her early on and she was very encouraging that I could trade successfully.

And Yes, She was big on Al Brooks books, especially early on in her trading.

#55     Apr 13, 2017
    Alpha Trader likes this.
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Thanks for the long answer. So what does this all tell us about Brooks' method? I assume the end of her story is that she isn't a profitable trader...

#56     Apr 13, 2017
  7. Hooti

Hooti

Oh no! That is not true at all. She lost interest in posting on ET when she moved past being consistently profitable, and figured out how to increase size.

She met her goal... the challenge or puzzle aspect of trading was gone. At least that is the way I understood it. Before that she kept chewing on it in her mind... and while she did that she posted on ET. Once she was able to increase size OK... she now has other things to occupy her life and interests (she has a life outside of trading... "other fish to fry"). That is what fits everything about her IMO.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    #57     Apr 13, 2017
    Alpha Trader likes this.
  8. Hooti

Hooti

As to Brooks -- She became broader than just him.

#58     Apr 13, 2017
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I don't remember the specific post but she did state she didn't like posting at ET more than once.

Usually when someone states they don't like posting here at Elitetrader.com and then soon after they stop posting...it implies they left the forum due to the atmosphere here at the forum and it has nothing to do with their profit level or trade method.

Years later...someone here at ET attempted to equate her with someone on twitter or stocktwits with the same user name. That's not her...just a coincidence.

Heck, I remember people saying the same thing about a few other members that "disappear"....must be their profit level/trade method when in fact they had died (e.g. Jack Hershey, Don Bright).

There's a few more not mentioned in this thread about what happen to them because they no longer were posting...they too died.

Heck, I know two very active current members in very poor health. If they suddenly stop posting...the first thing I'm thinking is that they died and not their performance level or their trade method.

Summary, we have some very old (over 70) members here that are still actively posting at ET. When this forum started...most of the popular members where in between 40 - 60 years old. How long has ET been here online and add that number to 40 - 60 years old...we got a bunch of folks on canes by now if still alive or in a senior citizen home. :D

#59     Apr 13, 2017
    Hooti likes this.
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is good to hear. Still, she could drop a line maybe in every 3 months that she is killing it, you know just to be an inspiration...

#60     Apr 13, 2017