What happened to the old traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JPB, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Hooti

Hooti

Here is my take on NoDoji. I really admire her. I started trading a couple of years after her and in some ways took similar amounts of time as she did to learn some things.

She is one of the most transparent traders who posted their journey on ET.

2008 Feb to June trades having had no prior trading experience, wins briefly and then loses. Stops trading live and sim trades.

2008 June-July-Aug sim trades; Starts her Journal Log in July of ’08.

September 2008 to September 2009 works with mentor but doesn’t take a single one of his trades.

Considers quitting, but understands RedNeck to say that it actually is possible to have consistent winning days. So she continues to trade and learn.

There are several years of slow progress.

2014 is her 7th year… and she says in a personal conversation she hasn’t had a losing day in ‘a long time’ – so long that she can’t remember when. She is finally doing what RedNeck said could be done. With the exception: she is still not able to trade size – if she increases size, she just loses.

2015 From appearances she can now trade size towards the middle of the year. As she has more and more success, she doesn’t need to think about trading so much; and posts less and less.

Feb of 2016. Says that she now has other fish to fry and in general turns her attention to other things. These are her last posts.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    #41     Apr 13, 2017
    jl1575, 777 and Alpha Trader like this.
  2. General Douglas MacArthur said.

“Old traders never die, they just fade away.”

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    #42     Apr 13, 2017
    volpri likes this.
  3. truetype

truetype

The daytrading "industry" LOL

dt.jpg

#43     Apr 13, 2017
    johnnyrock and Clubber Lang like this.
  4. '

You are dealing with your overlords here. May I suggest that you listen and learn rather than making ignorant comment after ignorant comment?

#44     Apr 13, 2017
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  5. You are dealing with your overlords here, perhaps listening and learning rather than continually showing your ignorance would be beneficial?

#45     Apr 13, 2017
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

How do you know her story so well? Wasn't she an Al Brooks gal?

#46     Apr 13, 2017
    Alpha Trader likes this.
  7. SO can facts , apparently. Truth hurts doesn't it?

#47     Apr 13, 2017
  8. I've learned plenty enough from your losing trades and multiple resignations from ET. Your pride is bigger than your fat gut.

#48     Apr 13, 2017
  9. HFT is a cancer. I think the "T" is for tumor.

#49     Apr 13, 2017
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  10. CL scalpers have seen better days. Just curious, how have you been faring lately?

#50     Apr 13, 2017