What happened to the old traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JPB, Apr 9, 2017.

1. JPB

JPB

I've been away for a long time, almost 15 years. It's good to see the site still active. It looks like a few of the main old names disappeared around 2013-2014, including Don Bright and Oldtrader, for example. Anyone know what happened? Retired on a beach somewhere hopefully?
    -J

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  2. Don Bright of Bright Trading right? Haven't heard that name in decades.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Don Bright passed away

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/r-i-p-don-bright.293892/

Most long time traders either retired, moved on to other businesses, or only trade part time now thanks to HFT destroying the markets.

4. Nereto

Nereto

What happened to Nodoji?

5. JPB

JPB

Yeah, it looks like his posts stopped here in 2012 or so. He was pretty active here back in the day, some posting, a little selling. I did go in and talk to Bright about prop trading circa 2002.

6. Having been here since 2002,and i did move to the beach--- but very few if any have lasted -- The great don bright &Tampa died, as did Jack Hershey -And likely many others- many blew out and changed focus, some got bored and quit, others couldn't handle market changes. I think Maverick74 and I are the only ones left from the first generation.

7. JPB

JPB

Wow, Don passing didn't pop up on the first page of my search here. Sorry to hear it.

8. I assume HFT was a typo and you meant to write FED in its place

9. That's bizzare reasoning. But i expect no less from someone still expecting a recession in 2016

surf

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

#10     Apr 9, 2017