What happened to that autosurf discussion?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by CasperCRF, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB113953819846670333.html?mod=home_whats_news_us
    FBI, SEC Probe Web Sites Offering
    Large Returns for Looking at Ads
    By MARK MAREMONT
    February 10, 2006; Page A1

Last spring, a Web site called 12daily-Pro.com began offering viewers an amazing financial deal: a 12% daily return on membership fees.

All they needed to do was to view a dozen advertisements a day on the Web site, the company said. The site would then pay returns to visitors based on how much they invested in membership "upgrades."

Now federal and state authorities are investigating 12dailyPro and sites making similar offers as possible Internet-era variations on a classic Ponzi scheme. Named for Charles Ponzi, an Italian immigrant to the U.S. who gained notoriety early in the 20th century, a Ponzi scheme is a fraud that promises outsize returns to investors but pays them with money from subsequent investors, rather than revenue generated by business.

The 12dailyPro site is among the largest of the dozens of what are called "autosurf" Web sites that have cropped up on the Internet. With names like Auto.ExchangeTrade.com and vegasurf.com, the sites piggyback on a legitimate trend -- the surge in Internet advertising -- by promising generous returns to members who agree to view their ads.

#21     Feb 10, 2006
  2. 12Daily-Pro.com isnt the same as 12DailyPro.com.

I bet Patryk Spinek (registered owner of 12Daily-Pro.com from Warsaw Poland) appreciates the free advertising by the WSJ . 12Daily-Pro.com looks like its just a description of 12DailyPro with a referral link to sign-up (no doubt giving Patryk all of the downline referral bonuses).

Of course since 12DP looks like its imploding it may be moot anyway, funny that WSJ doesnt do a better job of proofing its articles though.

#22     Feb 10, 2006
  3. Hey it was fun, while it lasted :)

#23     Feb 10, 2006
  4. Hey ES, I know you started getting involved in 12DP on the old (now removed) thread. Did you use StormPay and if so did they freeze your funds or suck any money back out of your bank account?

#25     Feb 10, 2006
  5. The first line is obviously proofing mistake everywhere else in the article it says 12DailyPro.com.

#26     Feb 10, 2006
  6. Oh ok, I dont have online access to the WSJ so I didnt read the full article. Thx

#27     Feb 10, 2006
  7. I don't know...I can't get on their site...lol They do not publish a telephone #. They claim they want to make settlements and I prolly won't see the 3k I gambled with :)

I had some fun though...(my account is not suspended as far as I know)

www.stormpay.com

I think there are some angry people sending DOS attacks continiously to their site...

#28     Feb 10, 2006
  8. humbla

humbla

I wonder where Sammy is? So quiet.

#29     Feb 10, 2006
  9. here I am! ::waving::

i didn't even know about this thread. after the old thread was gone, so was i.

[​IMG]

i got my last 12daily payment hours before StormPay turned criminal. i tried to upgrade again with that $3k, but they wouldn't let my use my CC, so i just said f*ck it. it's over. i swept the remaining $4,348.97 outta my account, and filed my Visa claims for a couple thousand i had left in various surfs.

StormPay threatened to suspend me, i guffawed, collected my refunds, and they ended up holding the bag with VISA so they suspended my empty account. i never even heard of those clowns before i started surfing, and they're no longer in the surf game so it's not like i'm gonna miss 'em. the surfs are all scrambling to find a new processors, so once they do, it'll be on and crackin' again.

humbla, after all that worst case scenario prep Electric and i were preaching in the thread, you didn't think i was actually gonna lose money, did you? i'm offended! :D

#30     Feb 10, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.