what happened to Nickolas Darvas

Discussion in 'Trading' started by yaskevich, Sep 3, 2006.

1. #11     Apr 6, 2010
  2. Hmmm smart guy from the looks of it. Lots of good stuff to take in.

#12     Apr 6, 2010
  3. died of cancer in 1977 (i think). I believe in Paris. His book "How I Made $2 Million....." is THE best book on successful trading I have ever read. I am sure O'neal copied his methods.

#13     Apr 7, 2010
  4. wst

wst

It's was not his trading he lost money on, it's was his other investment in yachts, houses, real estate, etc that bankrupted him.

If I call correct he suffered from chronically depression, and it's not uncommon for these to commit suicide. So he did not commit suicide because of failure in trading or life.

#14     Apr 7, 2010
  5. and even bankrupted he left 1 million to his wife or something like that.

i'd love to be bankrupted with 1 million today, what about 1 million 70 years ago

#15     Apr 7, 2010
  6. F112358

F112358

I heard that he "Danced his way to financial freedom". The rest of his money he made selling books and trading methods. Maybe he even got lucky in a bull market or 2.

#16     Apr 7, 2010
  7. ocean5

ocean5

:D

Why inventing methods at all.LOOOL

#17     May 12, 2012
  8. Great book!

#18     May 12, 2012
  9. Xena

Xena

It was his last wife that did him in: she was extreemly jealous and had Jesse ring her very half hour or hour (or was she ringing him, I forgot) to make sure he was not with someone else. As a result he could not concentrate on trading. That is what you get when you get a girl from a "dance hall" (read between the lines here: in those days it was a polite word for something else).

First thing she did when she heard about him commiting suicide was remove all her jewelry and other valuables from the house. There are some suspicions it was worth several million since Jesse would use that at times to restart his trading. (when he was married before and had big losses)

Xena

#19     May 12, 2012

10. What happened to Zeke?
    He's dead on Jones man
    How about Dave?
    OD'd an alcoholic
    Well what's Rock doing?
    Oh,he's livin' with his mother
    What about James?
    He's going straight

The first time i read about the Darvas box
    I was fascinated