What happened to Mercenary Trader?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by qlai, Nov 18, 2018.

1. qlai

qlai

I used to subscribe to Mercenary Trader service (Jack Little). I don't know if these guys could trade, but I loved reading their content. Than they added pocker, than they added real estate, than I read people calling them scammers online. I think they still exist in some form. Just curious if anyone knows first hand.

2. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

Mostly every single group or individual selling you a guide, strategy or course is an Internet Marketer. You're just a niche that they deem profitable to exploit.They use lies to get people to subscribe, then they feed you rehatched BS. A professional trader wouldn't even have time to teach a group of people a method or "how to trade" future or forex. A successful trader wouldn't need to offer you anything for a money! You'd have to pursue them, not the other way around.

sle, zdreg and KeLo like this.
  3. qlai

qlai

I understand what you are saying, but when you start playing in the little league you don't necessarily need to be coached by Joe Torre. It's about getting the best coach at your current level, to propel you to the next level.
    Money is not everything. How about fame, legacy, phylantropy, karma? To me, if God(or whatever) gave you a gift, you are obligated to share it. Yes most "teachers" have an agenda, but to say that none are legit is too pessimistic to me.

4. d08

d08

It's the age-old problem of - if you share it with everyone, it stops working. The mentors who are for real are probably your friends and do it for free.

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is actually not true. Quite the opposite, with enough followers you can strengthen the effect.

nillionaire likes this.
  6. qlai

qlai

I don't believe that. If you were talented enough to come up with a working strategy, you will come up with more. Also, you don't need to share anything proprietary, just need to point a person in the right direction. It's amazing to me how a small tweak often makes a huge difference.

Overnight likes this.
  7. qlai

qlai

Initially, yes, but eventually. Have you heard of the "turtle soup" strategy?

8. Really? So then why aren't all (or any) of the big guys who run money disclosing their methods or algorithms? Maybe you should ask them why.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    d08 likes this.
  9. expiated

expiated

U.S. trial begins for London forex traders accused of rigging prices...

Lawyers for Chris Ashton, Rohan Ramchandani and Richard Usher, who worked at Barclays Plc (BARC.L), Citigroup Inc (C.N) and JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N), respectively, countered that while the three had exchanged information, nothing they did was illegal.

In his opening statement on Wednesday, prosecutor Jeffrey Martino, of the U.S. Department of Justice, said they used a chatroom they dubbed “the cartel” to coordinate euro-U.S. dollar transactions in order to maximize their profits.

“They worked together to stack the deck,” he said, harming other participants in the market, including in the United States.

(Chris Ashton, Rohan Ramchandani and Richard Usher, who worked at Barclays Plc, Citigroup Inc and JPMorgan Chase & Co, respectively, were acquitted of all charges by a jury in Manhattan federal court after a trial of conspiring to violate the Sherman Act, a federal antitrust law.)

10. Okay...

What does "price rigging" have to do with disclosing profitable trading methods to a wide audience?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    #10     Nov 18, 2018
    d08 likes this.