What happened to Melissa Lee on CNBC ?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by syswizard, Jan 13, 2020.

1. themickey

themickey

Made in China replica.

#51     Jan 27, 2020
  2. Indeed, there is nothing in Google about a new baby for the real Melissa Lee whom I believe lives in NYC.

#52     Jan 27, 2020

3. I have rarely seen CNBC recommendations, they talk about the market and have guests that give their opinions on the markets, but I have never seen the morning crew regularly tell you to buy GOOG or short Bonds.

If you are talking about Mad Money/Jim Cramer, that is not CNBC, that is Jim's own show for entertainment purposes.

Who blindly follows recommendations from a financial tv new program?

#53     Jan 27, 2020
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Yeah not the morning crew so much, but Fast Money with Melissa... each of the 4 or 5 panelists dish out recommendations daily. I don't follow them obviously, but they can be entertaining if you need background noise at 5PM.

I do DVR Cramer, but I rarely watch it. On a day like today, or when something big happens, I'll usually go back and watch the first 5 or 10 minutes of the show. He has pretty good macro insights when big moves happen.

#54     Jan 27, 2020
    VPhantom and syswizard like this.
  5. There are also recommendations coming from the "Halftime Report" show which airs at noon on CNBC....as well as "Options Action" which airs on Friday at 5:30 pm.
    I am amazed that there is no one or no service tracking these recs.

#55     Jan 27, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

That's right, I forgot about Halftime. If there's one person I had to pick on all of CNBC that I would say is certainly worth listening to, its Josh Brown. He's had some bad calls, but he knows how to pick apart a company fundamentally. He's had some great calls too though. And that one lady too, she's reeally good.... I forget her name... (got it)... Stephanie Link... she's a great stock picker. I actually do listen to her, albeit I'm not really a buy and hold type, but I do keep track. She's had no disaster picks that I can recall. She's good.

#56     Jan 27, 2020
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, guys, we could ask CNBC. Actually I just did. Will let you know what they said.

#57     Jan 27, 2020
    vanzandt and VPhantom like this.
  8. I won't hold my breath.....I don't think you will get a straight answer. This seems to be a "hush, hush" situation.
    The powerful networks are not going to comply IMHO.

#58     Jan 27, 2020
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

They responded in 2 hours, pretty good in my book.

She is on maternity leave. End of thread...

#59     Jan 27, 2020
    vanzandt and VPhantom like this.
  10. CET

CET

Seriously, I rarely watch CNBC but I noticed she was pregnant. If you could not determine that she was out on maternity leave after seeing her huge belly then you should not be in trading. You'll never figure out what is happening in the market or with a stock.

#60     Jan 27, 2020