What happened to global warming?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Oct 10, 2009.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

You're a Velikovsky-ite! Well that certainly explains a lot. :D

#11     Oct 12, 2009
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

Unfortunately the cavemen were the best GEICO commercials. It's that damn lizard and the money stack with eyes that I can't stand.

#12     Oct 12, 2009
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

As usual, mrheckylus, you are wrong. :p

I trust NASA more than I trust the BBC:

http://climateprogress.org/2007/12/...warmest-year-ever-warmest-year-likely-by-2010

Through the first 11 months, 2007 is the second warmest year in the period of instrumental data, behind the record warmth of 2005, in the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) analysis.

Even an “unusually cold” December, would only drop 2007 to the third warmest year ever. NASA points out:

The six warmest years in the GISS record have all occurred since 1998, and the 15 warmest years in the record have all occurred since 1988.

Anyone notice a trend?

#13     Oct 12, 2009
  4. Saudi Arabian climate treaty participants said to be demanding kickbacks from the rest of the world as a quid pro-quo for their participation in reduction of oil to reduce global warming. :D :D :D

#14     Oct 12, 2009
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Yup, all the other planets temperatures are tracking along with the earth... it can't be man made..

#15     Oct 12, 2009
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Source?

#16     Oct 12, 2009
  7. maxpi

maxpi

NASA

#17     Oct 12, 2009
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

9. It's bland assertions like this that are so typical of AGW deniers.

For a start there is no evidence that all the moons and planets of the solar system are warming.

There is evidence that some are warming, but that in no way implies that the same mechanisms are at work in each case and for that matter change in climate on any other planet can assumed to be due to the same processes as affecting the climate of the Earth.

For example warming on Mars is thought to be due to abnormally high winds and dust storms reducing the planets albedo (the capacity of the planet to reflect solar radiation back into space). This may be cyclical.

Every planet has it's own story to tell and only detailed research can unravel some of it.

Which is a long way removed from the "logic" that goes:

Some planets warming => must be the sun => no such thing as AGW

More info here:

http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-other-planets-solar-system.htm

#19     Oct 13, 2009
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

Thanks, dcraig. I knew when maxpi didn't supply a link that he was talking out of his ass.

#20     Oct 13, 2009