What happened to Gary SMITH ???

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by brkmarket, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Anyone know where he ended up ? He wrote "How I trade for a living" and use to visit many forums back in the mid to late 90's..

Not to be confused with Gary b. Smith..

2. Vantrader

Vantrader

I've been wondering the same thing. Purchased his book several years ago and re-read it every year or so. I often wonder how his trading continued along the last 9yrs, especially since the great bear of 2000-3 happened right after the book was published and he's primarily a long trader. Would be interesting. He probably became disenchanted with wasting his time with internet groups. Where are you Mr Gary Smith??

3. What was his website ?

4. i saw a post by him about a year ago on some forum website (can't remember which one though)
    he's still trading i believe

5. Stosh

Stosh

I'm currently reading "How I Trade for a Living" in which he says he moved from Reno to south central Kentucky in 1996.........says he likes not having to get up as early for the market opening. I'm enjoying the book......and wonder what he is doing. He seems to march to his own drummer.....unique guy. Where are you Gary......how about an update???? Stosh

6. This is from Amazon; "My last book, How I Trade For a Living, was published in October 1999. That was a few months before the multi-year decline in the markets led by the crash in the technology sector. Because much of my success in the 1990s was riding the technology wave, many traders assumed I was just a one-hit wonder and never to be heard from again. But au contraire. In the 19 years since How I Trade For a Living was published, I have been far more profitable than I ever was in the 1980s and 1990s. My success since 2000 hasn't come from day trading stock index futures or swing trading technology funds and other sector equity funds. Instead, it has come from trading junk corporate, junk municipal, emerging markets, and securitized bond funds. While I have still handily beaten the S@P since 2000, my percentage returns haven't been as large as in the 1980s and 1990s when I had a smaller account. But my actual dollar returns have been far greater and that is because of the compound effect.

murray t turtle and Chuck Krug like this.