What Happened to December 5th?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by WD40, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Why is it garbage posting? He posted a fact. *shrugs*

#11     Dec 7, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Yes, he did. Maybe he is from a country that does not realize that the US sometimes does this? Or maybe he is from the US and does not realize that his own country sometimes does this?

#12     Dec 7, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Political move to stop the hemorrhaging of the market

#13     Dec 8, 2018
    d08 and tomorton like this.
  4. Palindrome

Palindrome

I panicked as well not knowing what the hell was going on :) ...I watch hardly any TV, and don't follow the news at all. Don't need garbage in my head.

The only stories I need, are the stories I make up in my head.

Current Story:
    Big traders/institutions were looking forward to their 7% Santa Rally, in which they can leverage up for easy money. Many are positioned for this "Run" that typically happens. Right now, many of them you can see the White of their eyes, which the smartest of money typically will reverse the market...this time it might be different and you might see more significant unloading during this "liquidity bubble" burst.

That's what's going on in my head, but if the market spikes up...I will be certainly buying. The spike UP needs to be fast and strong for me to consider.

#14     Dec 8, 2018
    tomorton likes this.
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Most brokers sent out notices about what's going on December 5th "before" the open or the night before on December 4th.

I recommend you start reading whatever your broker emails you. If not, review you favorite financial websites daily before the open (e.g. cnbc.com, bloomberg.com, reuters.com, marketwatch.com, cheddar.com, ibtimes.com or whatever).

Another option for those that don't watch TV, don't visit financial news websites is to call the tech department of your data vendor the next time you notice "missing data of an entire day".

Next missing day of data should be December 25th Tuesday. :D

wrbtrader

#15     Dec 8, 2018
    tommcginnis and bullmarket79 like this.
  6. tomorton

tomorton

Since I decided to stop working these holidays aren't quite what they used to be.........

#16     Dec 8, 2018