What happened to Anek's AHG thread?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sniemiec, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Hi

Now that Anek has taken a short break after finishing AHG phase1, how about starting a thread for "AHG followers thread" ? So that mainly AHG followers can post their thoughts and trades under the same thread. And AHG followers can discuss AHG phase1 and discuss setups like Double Bottoms,Double Tops.

I joined AHG thread in the middle. If any serious AHG follower can start such a "AHG followers thread" and can moderate it, it would be really good and appreciated.

May be, after sometime Anek will step in and comment in the thread.

Good Trading
    DisciplineTrader

PS: This is only for AHG followers and those who appreciate Anek's contributions. Anek, I hope this is a good idea.

#21     Oct 25, 2007
  2. Hmmm... I guess you're saying that FuturesTrader71, who is probably one of the most respected guys on here, also loses money hand over fist, since he posted in that thread and said that his method was remarkably similar to Anek's.

#22     Oct 26, 2007
  3. Nope. Not saying that at all. Perhaps, I wasn't clear. His refers not to Anek or his thread, but to rcanfiel. I replied to NihabaAshi's post. In his post, NihabaAshi commented on rcanfiel. Thanks for the opportunity to clarify.

- Spydertrader

#23     Oct 26, 2007
  4. Whoops! My bad, and my apologies. Should have read back to make sure.

#24     Oct 26, 2007

5. I was thinking about starting a thread for that same purpose. What is involved in moderating it? I think it would be good for AHG traders to be able to continue to discuss trading techniques and results. I would love to see a thread started.

#25     Oct 26, 2007
  6. Since SpyderTrader likes to comment about things he knows nothing about, it would not be surprising if his notes are just as confused.

#26     Oct 26, 2007
  7. What is required is somebody taking responsibility for it.

That is all.

Anekedoten left you guys the pieces you can use to build a framework for studying price action and how to trade it effectively. You don't really have to start a thread, just:
    a) trade the markets everyday
    b) take notes on every trade you took
    c) review the chart after the trading day is done
    d) review the past entire week during the weekend (you should know everyday like the back of your hand)

By doing this process, eventually the basic truths of trading price action are going to sink in and you will have a pretty effective methodology for the Order Entry part of your trading plan

Of course, there is a lot more to trading than Order Entry, first and foremost your Risk Management, what do you do when things don't go your way? - I believe he has covered that as well, so make sure you have your protective stops in place.

Of course the real key to all games of chance is knowing how to position size correctly according to the probability of success of the activity (in this case, the game of chance is trading).

Aneke might actually cover that topic in the Chapter 2 if he is so inclined.

Good trading,

JJ

#27     Oct 26, 2007
  8. I'm glad this hasn't turned into a insult slinging thread. Great post JimmyJam.

#28     Oct 26, 2007
  9. jdkgroup

jdkgroup

There is a lot of hate thrown around in alot of these threads....maybe its just a trading thing...

#29     Oct 26, 2007
    #30     Oct 27, 2007