What happened to all the buyers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aaron Copland, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Gee with stock so cheap I thought with the New Year every fund manager with be buying hand over fist.

Seems the market knows the jobs report is going to be nasty.

2. This range crap is killing me.

3. But if the buyers are gone as you claim then shouldn't making money going short be effortless?:confused:

4. Well lets see, were down 4000 dow points in the last 5 months, I think the best opportunities have come and gone.

5. Rex84

Rex84

no one has any patience for long term risk. The market is apathetic.

6. Trends are for amateurs, ranges are for professionals.

7. Really, I would think just the opposite. Guess you missed out on the 40% down trend over the last 5 months.

8. Um but most of that 40% was in just one week.

9. Trends only occur 15% of the TIME. The remainder is chop. Including many headfakes. Hence, if you wanna go to the supermarket (in the context of food) and walk away with something, you're probably going to need more than charm.

As for that 40%, a how many sigma event?; it was aided by a lot of passive money from Joe Sixpack 401-K's. LOL some still don't even know what hit them nor the percentage(s) just to get back to where they were.

As a sidenote, Fideility Magellan (a pretty good surrogate for the market or at least a demonstration of the Noah's Ark approach) wiped out two decades. In nominal terms.

Let me know when it has a "TREND" in the opposite direction.

10. Everything was cheaper a week ago.

#10     Jan 6, 2009