What happened in Russian default? Or any sovereign default?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MathAndLogic, May 16, 2011.

1. jprad

jprad

The planes "look" the same because they are both stealth fighters. There's just so much you can do from design perspective and still maintain stealth without losing maneuverability.

Just look at the F-14 and Mig-25 for comparison. Aside from the Tomcat's variable geometry wing design there is a remarkable similarity in design.

Because they were both built as interceptors...

As for weapons. Both the F-22 and F-35 share the common armament that is also used in the A-10, AV-8, F-16, F/A-18 and F-15 that the two planes are replacing.

The planes do not share the same machine gun, radar or other avionics. And the ccockpits are completely different. The F-22 comes with a HUD while the F-35 does not and uses an HDMS instead.

Finally, the F-22 is a twin engine design and is an air superiority fighter while the F-35 is a single engine multi-role fighter that will be configured for VSTOL, carrier and land based operations.

Two entirely different aircraft...

#31     May 16, 2011
  2. jprad

jprad

Not quite...

Loans and interest in Judaism
    The Torah and Talmud encourage the granting of loans, but only if it doesn't involve interest, with certain exceptions. Charging interest is classed in the Book of Ezekiel as being among the worst sins[3], and is forbidden according to Jewish law. The Talmud dwells particularly on Ezekiel's condemnation of interest[4], where Ezekiel denounces it as an abomination, and metaphorically portrays usurers as people who have shed blood
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loans_and_interest_in_Judaism

#32     May 16, 2011
  3. got it from historian Niall Ferguson's 'Ascent of Money', maybe I misheard exactly
    what he was saying, maybe he was twisting the truth - timeline 14thC Florence

#33     May 17, 2011
  4. Well done guys.You know much more about our country than our average ivan knows.:) Time to live in Russia,it`s going to happen soon.So learn russian language:D

#35     May 18, 2011
  5. Really? You haven't been banned yet?

#36     May 18, 2011
  6. I can give you advise.

Take a chopper,plough your backyard up,make it a vegetable garden.Grow your own vgetables to be not dependent so much from this genetic modified shite,don`t by chinese vegetables as well.If you leave a tomato on your table for awhile it`s gonna be black:D.

Almost every family in Russia have they own vegetable garden and have it fresh and clean.

btw,Sting grows vegetables for his family.

#37     May 18, 2011
  7. Bakinec

Bakinec

"First attached"?

Interest has been around since before the Hebrews were even a people.

Christians and Muslims aren't any different.

You know how the Muslims avoid riba (interest)? They charge what they call a "fee".

But Allah isn't dumb enough to fall for that, so the Muslim "fee" charger is getting a surprise in the afterlife: 72 "virgins" with a hard-on.

#38     Aug 21, 2011
  8. LeeD

LeeD

And the fee can be pro-rata in relation to the loan period... and very close to the prevailing interest rate for the the type of loan There is a whole area of "Islamic finance". For example, bigger contracts are structured so that they are repo rather than loans. Then the fee (say, for storage of all the metal kept by the lender as a deposit) is very much appropriate.

Such financial contracts or "Islamic" bank accounts are actually getting approval of a committee of renouned clerics to make sure the fee is charged in a "fair" way. Thinking of it, "compliance" is a very old concept.

Regarding interest, in the old days, when the only money in circulation was gold and silver (and other commodities) the first deposit holders actually charged a steep fee for storing all the metal securely. But that was before inflation was artificially created by "paper" and now "electronic" money.

#39     Aug 21, 2011
  9. Bakinec

Bakinec

Repo, fees, whatever they want to call it. A pig with a lipstick is still a pig.

If I loan you $1000, I could either charge you $100 at the end of the year and call it a "fee", or I could charge you 10% APR, collect $8.33 every month for that year, and call it "interest". Same crap in different form.

If the Muslim clerics see a difference there.....well, I guess nothing changed in that part of the world. Not their first time, and doubtless not their last, manipulating the interpretations of their holy books to serve their ends.

I can just imagine the looks on these clerics' faces when they meet their virgins.

#40     Aug 21, 2011