What Happen to Maverick74 (moderator)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by wrbtrader, Aug 31, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

IIRC his job now prohibits him from posting.

#21     Oct 19, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

IIRC = ?
    "If I recall correctly".
    "Investment Industry Regulatory Compliance"
    "International Integrated Reporting Council"

Well that sucks. It was nice to have someone here that was so personable with so much technical knowledge and experience. Oh well, glad to hear it wasn't a health issue or something like that.
    Thanks for the reply.

#22     Oct 19, 2019
  3. I assume you're referring to garachen. If so, good for mav. I learned quite a bit from garachen. Too bad he threw in the towel here.

#23     Nov 1, 2019
  4. I wonder if he's still using Fisher's ACD method...

#24     Nov 1, 2019
  5. Not sure, but I do believe that a lot of algorithms probably use some clever objectified variation of it.

#25     Nov 1, 2019
  6. A variation of a breakout or a pullback? Yeah, I imagine so.

#26     Nov 1, 2019
  7. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

You guys do know that he posts on twitter very frequently?. Basically the same commentary on ACD, etc that he posted on here in years past.

#27     Nov 1, 2019
  8. When I suggested people read all his long posts again, I meant it.

Mav was never one to spoon feed people, but he did drop many a hint. You needed experience of ACD, including all the times it didn’t work, to catch what he was saying.

One time he gave an example of a +9 and you go short.

‘Nuff said.

#28     Nov 1, 2019
  9. Nah, I read Fisher’s book a couple of times, including when it first came out, and tested his ideas a bit. Not my thing.

#29     Nov 1, 2019
  10. Yup, because what Mav was trading started from the book, but in the end looked nothing like the stuff in the book.

Shorting a +9, tracking rate of change of the number line. Nuggets he wrote about.

I was tracking 2nd and 3rd order changes at one time, good stuff, then I got fed up with reduced volatility. I’m day trading now, don’t bother with the ACD stuff anymore, though I have adapted some of it to give me a directional bias.

#30     Nov 1, 2019