What Happen to Maverick74 (moderator)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by wrbtrader, Aug 31, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

He went to grad school and got a job in the industry. Nothing nefarious.

#11     Sep 4, 2019
    johnarb likes this.
  2. dest is right, mav got a job at a trading firm and he is most likely no longer allowed to post here. The person who owns the firm used to post here and doesn't hold ET in very high regard.

#12     Sep 4, 2019
    wrbtrader likes this.
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Many users of that ACD thread are not aware of such.

Another indication why Baron could create "sticky notes" within threads about something to not forget.

wrbtrader

#13     Sep 5, 2019
  4. I respectfully disagree...

#14     Sep 18, 2019
    NeedToLearn likes this.
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I reached out to Maverick74 and he let me know that he is doing fine. He did not communicate to me that there is anything job-wise that would prohibit him from posting.

He's submitted over 23,000 posts here in the past so there's probably not much he can say today that he hasn't already said before.

The bottom line is that if he feels like posting here at any point, he will. If he doesn't, he won't. He has the freedom to choose how often he participates, as do we all.

#15     Sep 19, 2019
    Rams Fan, bone and speedo like this.
  6. He actually wanted to call time when he hit 20,000 posts, but stuck around a while longer because so many still had questions.

He has contributed immensely, and without going on at length, let me just say re-reading some of his longer ACD posts will still add value. Many miss the finer points for lack of experience on first reading.

#16     Sep 19, 2019
  7. johnarb

johnarb

Thank you for this thread, was wondering about Maverick74 and glad he's ok and doing well.

#17     Sep 24, 2019
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed, I found his posts very informative. Good to hear he's doing well.

#18     Sep 28, 2019
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Didn't want to start a whole new thread for this... but has anyone else noticed @Robert Morse hasn't been around in awhile? He's always here in the mornings. Vacation maybe, or I wonder if this zero commission trading that's spreading across the industry will hurt players like Lightspeed? Hope all's well either way.

#19     Oct 7, 2019
  10. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

Mav was an excellent poster. I'd love to see him post again.

#20     Oct 19, 2019