WHAT happen at IB ??????

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by greenday90, Jul 24, 2008.

1. JackR

JackR

#21     Jul 24, 2008
  2. Are they NOT paying interest on the first $50k?

#22     Jul 24, 2008
  3. Truthfully my opinion this that one of the reasons my income fell short of expectations because of this...

When you call and are on the phone talking to someone IB feels that they you sound a beep every 20 or so seconds. What is the damn point?

#23     Jul 24, 2008
  4. The periodic beep indicates that the call is being recorded. This is standard practice for futures brokers.

#24     Jul 24, 2008
  5. #25     Jul 24, 2008
  6. private companies can't issue shares to the public.

public companies are generally always more valuable than private companies.

private companies don't have access to capital from the public. individual investors or individual hedge funds would never pay that price unless they own 100% of the company

#26     Jul 24, 2008
  7. Is this a joke ??????

#27     Jul 24, 2008
  8. Many posts here are jokes.

#28     Jul 25, 2008
  9. I think the drop in price has something to do with the customer service.

#29     Jul 25, 2008

10. A successful private company will have no problem attracting interested parties. There are always buyers looking. And if there is a need, they can alwyas take it public at the right time.

The problem with a lot of public companies is that they get so focused on quarterly results, they do not focus well on longterm growth and profitability.

And issuing shares to the public is not always the wonderful thing imagined. Sometimes, they keep issuing shares and dilute the value of existing stock.

I would question that "they are generally always more valuable." unless you can offer substantial proof of that assertion. It sounds like a belief.

#30     Jul 25, 2008