what got you into trading ??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by marketsurfer, Oct 22, 2002.

1. the money, the lifestyle...

and only 10% make it? cool. my kind of game...

#21     Oct 22, 2002
  2. How'd you meet a lot of traders by working in law?

#22     Oct 22, 2002
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I wanted to be a famous investor. My earliest idols were Peter Lynch and Warren Buffet. As I grew older I came to the realization that I was poor white trash and would not have the connection, money or Ivy League education to get hired by a mutual fund firm. When I was in HS I took a class on Ag Marketing and one of the sections was on hedging. I discovered the marvels of speculation on margin with money you didnt have. That appealed to my limited capital and connections.

Brandon

#23     Oct 22, 2002
  4. cheeks

cheeks

:)

hehehe......

#24     Oct 23, 2002
  5. .... I couldn't hangout at the methadone clinic anymore and NASA wasn't hiring so this seemed like a logical choice.

#25     Oct 23, 2002
  6. LOL Dr Z.

:D :D :D

#26     Oct 23, 2002
  7. Dustin

Dustin

Ditto...all my friends think I have the coolest job. They just don't understand that it's one of the only jobs in the world where you can start work at 6:30 and be down -$1500 by 6:40.

But really...my first investment was Ascend Communications, because my roomates dad worked there. I made $600 by the next day and realized "there may just be something to this" :D

#27     Oct 23, 2002
  8. lol, that sounds like a Peter "if you'd bought walmart in 1975 you'd be a millionaire" Lynch kind of a trade.. or "investment" sorry..

#28     Oct 23, 2002
  9. DT-waw

DT-waw

What's the cost of sending 1,000 resumes? I assume you live in the U.S. Hmmm your past income was over 150k/year... In my country, Poland if you earn $12k/year you should be VERY happy!
    I'm in the same situation: no other choice ( except job at McDonalds :D ) Have to trade in order to earn and pay my bills.

#29     Oct 23, 2002
  10. DT-waw

DT-waw

:) Yeah. unforgettable feeling. But it's nothing. Vishnu or vhehn ( don't remember ) said on "Big Loss!" thread ( it's deleted? ) that he lost $1M in 10 minutes. Now, that's a cool job! :D

#30     Oct 23, 2002