What good is money

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Nov 18, 2009.

1. joshua77

joshua77

To buy whatever you need (and want) as an expensive motorcycle to begin with !

#171     Sep 14, 2015
  2. ras72

ras72

I must respectfully disagree :D
    This is the thing:

MondoMarine-50-HotLab-5.jpg

It has to be at least 60 meters. That's about €50m price and 10% of that each year to run it.

#172     Sep 25, 2015
  3. nitro

nitro

Yes, yatchs big enough to live in seem very enticing. If you don't mind being at sea most of the time, I agree this is a great way to go. My lifestyle prefers a more grounded approach. For me, there being nothing around but water would depress me.

It is not the isolation. I would be perfectly happy being isolated. But isolated surrounded by natural beauty.

#173     Sep 25, 2015
  4. no you don't or you'd be there. for price of an airline ticket pick your exclusive island beach.

Money buys great healthcare. for starters. nuf said

#174     Sep 25, 2015
  5. nitro you'd get bored real fast walking a beach all day; you need a "new problem" to solve to be happy (am i wrong?):)

#175     Sep 25, 2015
  6. nitro

nitro

#176     Oct 18, 2015
  7. nitro

nitro

Yes. But it is a little more spicy than that. Most people want to get out of their head completely. I have no problem retreating into my head. It is a balance between body and mind for me. Hard to put finger on it because there are apparently contradictory places that I find myself comfortable in. For example, I have never walked into a university math library I didn't like, and I have been in many. I think the word that describes it best is, ambiance.

I am definitely adversely affected by crowds and too much external input. I can't handle it very well and I get very anxious to the point of dysfunction. I also hate closed in places, but it is not claustrophobia. I love cathedrals or wide open spaces with high ceilings. I think the other word that is key is, freedom.

I can't stand 90% of the lighting in office buildings. I am one of those guys you see in an office with all the ligths off except for near by an aesthetic lamp illuminating just my space. I deal with these places, but they take their toll on me.

I hate air conditioning and roll down my windows even if it is scorching outside.

Anything else you want to know?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    #177     Oct 18, 2015
  8. Hmm, to buy food and pay rent/bills? Then allll the cool other things.

#178     Oct 19, 2015
  9. Surrounded by all that awesome knowledge & insight & genius is humbling & and invigorating at same time. I know this feeling.

an introvert. but longs to "fit in".

but, ultimately, retreat into my own mind the only place i've felt secure and comfort.

yes. how do you get laid? :D

#179     Oct 19, 2015
  10. #180     Oct 19, 2015