What good is money

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Nov 18, 2009.

1. jnbadger

jnbadger

#161     May 26, 2013
  2. I have a bunch of drool on my keyboard after reading this thread. These cars are insanely awesome!

#162     Jun 2, 2013
  3. Banjo

Banjo

4. What good is money?

reminded me of this quote from the movie margin call.

" Its just money; its made up. Pieces of paper with pictures on it so we don't have to kill each other just to get something to eat".......

"So you think we might have put a few people out of business today. That its all for naught. You've been doing that everyday for almost forty years Sam. And if this is all for naught then so is everything out there. Its just money; its made up. Pieces of paper with pictures on it so we don't have to kill each other just to get something to eat. It's not wrong. And it's certainly no different today than its ever been. 1637, 1797, 1819, 37, 57, 84, 1901, 07, 29, 1937, 1974, 1987-Jesus, didn't that fuck up me up good-92, 97, 2000 and whatever we want to call this. It's all just the same thing over and over; we can't help ourselves. And you and I can't control it, or stop it, or even slow it. Or even ever-so-slightly alter it. We just react. And we make a lot money if we get it right. And we get left by the side of the side of the road if we get it wrong. And there have always been and there always will be the same percentage of winners and losers. Happy foxes and sad sacks. Fat cats and starving dogs in this world. Yeah, there may be more of us today than there's ever been. But the percentages-they stay exactly the same."

#164     Jun 2, 2013
  5. nitro

nitro

Test it, but then take a road trip in it.

[​IMG]

#165     Sep 9, 2013
  6. nitro

nitro

Kudos to Chevrolet. They got this one right, except possibly the tail lights. I am also not a fan of the trim (skirt) on the side-bottom. It looks ok if the car is black, but on lighter colors it stands out too much. Study the way Ferrari makes their cars look great from the side. Also, the car should have exceptional road feel/feedback, but American cars that is the one thing they can't seem to get right. The interior looks like it was finally done right.

Funny, you can turn 4 cylinders off and get decent gas mileage. Why not? On a long road trip where you can't speed might as well use it.

All that said, THE best value on the planet for a sports car.

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-stingray.html?cmp=OLA_DISPLAY_7272159_92441445_276494539_55974754

[​IMG]

#166     Oct 21, 2013
  7. nitro

nitro

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jJl0SW6zcZ8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#167     Oct 21, 2013
  8. BSAM

BSAM

What good is money

Makes for a great Pink Floyd song.

#168     Oct 21, 2013
  9. This is most likely computer-generated concept art.

#169     Oct 24, 2013
  10. nitro

nitro

Most rich traders dream of 20000 sq foot home. I dream of lots of little homes like this one that have a very small carbon footprint, collect their own water from rainfall, and collect electricity from sunlight maybe storing the energy on a Tesla battery. But when I am rich, I will have one each in several places around the world, preferably away from cities.

Now that all of my 5000 books fit on a kindle, it is not that important to have a library/study. And, I can monitor my cluster in NY (and hopefully soon Chicago, Europe and Asia) from a laptop.

ar-che-modular-home-001-640x427-c.jpg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    #170     Aug 20, 2015