What good is experience?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nutmeg, May 20, 2010.

1. I was going to respond to the post and then I saw yours and decided . . . a better point could not have been made.

#21     Jul 6, 2010
  2. heypa

heypa

2+2=4 only if you use the appropriate number system, Don't ask me which one or ones work. I usually use the 10 count. Normally fingers.

#22     Jul 6, 2010
  3. schizo

schizo

Unfortunately, the OP probably never had trading in mind when he created this thread because such a deep thought can never be translated into trading.

Why do so many of you indulge in Socratic bullshit? If you want to succeed as a trader, don't think too much!

#23     Jul 6, 2010
  4. So true. I've often thought that if I were to teach trading, we'd use for text, "Trading 100"... and we'd spend a LOT of time on Chaper 1. (You know, that chapter everyone is in a hurry to skip over so they can "get to the good stuff".)

K.I.S.S.

#24     Jul 6, 2010
  5. schizo

schizo

What I meant was stick to trading and don't fool yourself by thinking that obtaining higher knowledge will somehow make you a better trader.

However, by no means am I disparaging the need for "deep thoughts". No doubt, it's important but it's totally irrelevant in trading. Why waste valuable energy when you would be better off thinking about price action?

#25     Jul 6, 2010
  6. What about TA? Don't you use that?

#26     Jul 6, 2010
  7. 20% of the knowledge would cover 80% of the trades.

But what 20%?

Which 80% of the trades?

O yea, forgot about "when". Small detail.

#27     Jul 6, 2010
  8. schizo

schizo

The problem is that 80% of the traders, or possibly more, suffer from attention-deficit syndrome. They go off the tangent and become preoccupied with something totally unrelated to trading, much like our federal government.

You do not need to utilize 100% of your brain capacity to become a successful trader. You need only a fraction. But the damn problem is the lack of focus.

#28     Jul 6, 2010
  9. =======================

I like the'' more power''-ful answer of 5;
    agree with it[number 5], but its 2X 2.5 =5. All the money in the room does not change multiplication tables.Compounding interest & sprouting seeds coud prove your math example right, even understated.....................................

2 orange trees added to 2 orange trees coud produce 5 or more orange trees & much more.

I like your number 5, & I am not saying that's the only way to get to 5, its not.

:D

#29     Dec 13, 2010