What good do daytraders do to society?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stockoptionist, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Yes, the physical markets are a good example of what I call the direct utility of trading...

#91     Dec 12, 2002
  2. ********************
    What good do traders do for society???

Well raise the standard and ask what excellance do traders do for society?????

Answer a lot of excellance. I still think about that quote. Hunter age [2.5] concerning trading -'' It is squiggly lines and numbers''

:cool: If you want to think about more complex matters,think about this; trading bring a really different and direct application between reading and work[trading.]Enjoy thinking + hunting too.

#92     Dec 13, 2002
  3. Trading gives one [1]a rather unique perspective on some important issues, including a 2.5 year old kid .

[1] Figure [1] one person CAN make a difference, a big
    difference.:cool:

[2]Wish this was my idea,its not. Privitize social securuty like Chile + get rid of all taxes on dividends:cool: ,mr congressman.

Think about those two [2] and all the details. Free enterprise helps keep the nation free; dont care how many egg head professors told you otherwise.

[2.5]NASDAQ web site mentioned the good job Chile has done with thier PRIVATE sector [not social security] pension plan earlier this year.

#93     Dec 13, 2002
  4. Most the people I know "who think too much", kick
    serious butt in life.

I would take that as a compliment any day.

peace

axeman ( thinking-animal )

#94     Dec 13, 2002
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

95% of the traders out there; provide 5% of the traders a nice living..........thats gotta be worth something...:D

#95     Dec 13, 2002
  6. Well said, Puffy. Without someone making the market, people would hesitate to invest capital to produce things of value. So it goes both ways.

#96     Dec 13, 2002
  7. haven't read whole thread so don't know if anyone mentioned this but traders provide price discovery.it is the constant battle between buyers and sellers that create a price level.
    think about it. if there were no traders you would have to buy or sell your stock directly from the company or big funds ect.how would everyone arrive at a price? if there is bad news and no one wants to buy it is the speculator\trader who steps up and buys.traders and the auction process are essential to the capitalist system.

#97     Dec 13, 2002
  8. Speculator1929

Speculator1929 Guest

Traders who make money are a very valuable asset to society. We are a capitalist economic society. The profitable trader can then spend her hard earned money in stores buying goods and services. This increases tax revenue, and gives profits to other business people who can then hire laborers etc. If nothing else a trader can hold his head up high knowing that she has found a way to make it in this harsh society and not rely on others to be able to survive. Work for a big firm and you are at the mercy of that firm. Be an entrepreneur and make it on your own and you have self respect.

A definition of value to a capitalist society is being able to contribute by earning and spending. Any other measurement is simply someone putting a subjective value on someone else's worth. I sleep well at night knowing I made money trading and spent some money today...

Otherwise, if you need to rationalize a value for what you do, you probably are emotionally bankrupt to begin with.

#98     Dec 13, 2002
  9. Excellent!

BOLT:D

#99     Dec 13, 2002
  10. Traders are like whores, throw them enough tricks and they will prosper. LOL!:D

#100     Dec 13, 2002