What generates your trading signals?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Howard, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Specterx

Specterx

And this is the second insult in as many posts. I don't know what your deal is, but you'll likely have more luck trawling for tips if you lose the attitude.

In the spirit that you might have an over-sensitive bullshit detector I'll just leave you with a post on this topic I made last week in another thread, maybe you'll find it useful:
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...n-to-trade-it-profitably.329553/#post-4802625

#31     Feb 9, 2019
  2. Maverick1

Maverick1

pain

#32     Feb 9, 2019
    userque, Onra and themickey like this.
  3. themickey

themickey

Punishment, regret, anguish, yeah that's how we learn. :)
    School of hard knocks.
    I suppose that's the only way we become adults.

#33     Feb 9, 2019
    Maverick1 likes this.
  4. #34     Feb 10, 2019
    Onra likes this.
  5. Howard

Howard

What if you just haven't found the right way to use them...? I know a guy who uses various MAs in his trading system, but he constantly adjusts them.

There's guys who's been studying trading for 10 years also and still isn't profitable. Doesn't mean that it's not possible.

That's an interesting comment. Coding what, specifically?

And how do you feel coding relates to "WHY the markets swing around like they do"?

#35     Feb 10, 2019
  6. Howard

Howard

It was not meant as an insult, nor was my first comment to you.

I specifically asked how the traders on this board differentiate between a pullback in a trend and a reversal of the trend. You seemed to want to argue on that definition and said they were the same thing, although it should have been clear what I meant. :)

Thank you for your comment and post.

#36     Feb 10, 2019
  7. Howard

Howard

8. themickey

themickey

Painting lipstick on a pig doesn't change the pig, but you are welcome to try, in actual fact do try, that's how you learn. One thing this board does is give you ideas, everyone is free to accept, discard or debate.

Code whatever instrument. Anything you fancy.
    Once you do your own coding it opens a new world, in actual fact imo the markets gyrations are all to a large majority running from code, not the news media as many believe.
    Again in order to know this one needs experience it.
    When I began my own coding many years ago, my trading moved in leaps and bounds.
    None of my coding run off indicators and definitely not MA's.
    However saying that, MA's can be used and very handily in unconventional ways.

#38     Feb 10, 2019
  9. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Isnt that too obvious Mr. T. ? Loud entries?
    I thought this was supposed to be hard.
    Those type entries dont come around too often.

#39     Feb 10, 2019
  10. I don't know if it's possible to know whether it's a pullback or reversal. I mean, obviously you can wait to see what happens, but then you're losing profit on the next move by getting in late. And it can still reverse after moving up a little bit, and the late entry now gives much less breathing room.

#40     Feb 10, 2019