What game is Blackrock playing?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by themickey, Aug 18, 2021.

1. VicBee

VicBee

Again you have difficulties separating fact from fiction. Those who committed these attacks in the US were mostly Saudis, our ally, and later Bin Laden was hiding in Pakistan, another ally. With such allies, who needs enemies!

#51     Sep 12, 2021
  2. JSOP

JSOP

Oh The Taliban is all innocent, yes they didn't harbour Osama bin Laden, Yeah ok. United States just felt like wasting $6.45 trillion cuz it's got too much money. Look who's the one who is delusional.

#52     Sep 12, 2021
  3. themickey

themickey

Lets try and veer a little bit back on topic, not Taliban or Pakistan or bin Laden :)
    This is about Western funds heading into Chinese interests.

#53     Sep 12, 2021
    VicBee likes this.
  4. JSOP

JSOP

to its own detriment...

#54     Sep 13, 2021
  5. %%
    Carl Ichan rebuked Blackrock's Mr Fink to his face over his non liquid bond ETFs.Mr Fink had no good answer, but i was satisfied with the BLACKROCK SEMI LIQUID dividend ETF, i traded . A far as an edge in fighting/really depends on the fighting force + leadership;
    1776+ Operation Desert Storm victories beats a whipping USa lost in Vietnam[land war in Asia]...........................................................................................................:caution::caution:

#55     Sep 13, 2021
  6. piezoe

piezoe

You've been watching too much American TV. Start watching more Chinese TV.

#56     Sep 13, 2021
  7. JSOP

JSOP

Well like I posted before, USA should never ever engage its enemy right on its own turf if it wants to win a war unless the enemy is from that of its own culture. The only way to win a war against an enemy from a different culture is to strike at a distance, bomb the hell out of it, flatten it, done.

#57     Sep 13, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. tsznecki

tsznecki

So you are calling the average Chinese worker in China locusts?

#58     Sep 13, 2021
  9. themickey

themickey

Cryptocurrencies are a durable asset class with real upside: BlackRock fixed income CIO

Brian Sozzi Tue, September 14, 2021
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cryp...de-black-rock-fixed-income-cio-160259991.html

Count Rick Rieder, BlackRock's chief investment officer of global fixed income, as a believer in cryptocurrencies.

"I think it could have some real upside. My sense is there are more buyers than sellers. It's an asset class that I think is durable," Rieder said on Yahoo Finance Live.

Rieder revealed he owns "small pieces" of crypto in several of his bigger portfolios, and compares the positions to owning stakes in venture capital firms.

"Quite frankly, I am glad I do [own crypto]. This has helped me learn about the evolution of what I think will be a blockchain technology that will continue to grow. So it's something I am glad I got involved with," Rieder added.

It's safe to say not everyone in the financial services field is upbeat on crypto.

Paulson & Co. founder John Paulson— who shot to fame during the financial crisis for raking in billions for his hedge fund by betting against subprime mortgages — recently told Bloomberg crypto will "eventually prove to be worthless."

“I wouldn’t recommend anyone invest in cryptocurrencies," said Paulson, who turned his hedge fund into a family office in 2020 amid a steady drumbeat of outflows, in the interview.

The supremely bearish take comes as several well-known cryptos (such as bitcoin) have rallied hard off the lows seen earlier in the year. Meanwhile, an up and coming crypto like cardano has seen a steady surge this year — through Monday, the asset is up more than 1,300%.

"What we think he [John Paulson] is missing is that bitcoin is much more than just a store of value or digital gold. Bitcoin in particular is a new global monetary system. It's a rules-based monetary policy, which is completely de-centralized and therefore is not subject to the whims of policymakers. In fact, it's a hedge against the whims of policymakers, especially in emerging markets," Ark Invest founder Cathie Wood told Yahoo Finance Live.

#59     Sep 13, 2021
  10. themickey

themickey

China
    Blackstone to buy out office developer SOHO China in $3 bln deal
    By Clare Jim
    https://www.reuters.com/world/china...on-deal-soho-china-bloomberg-news-2021-06-16/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    People wearing face masks are seen at the Galaxy Soho office buildings in Beijing, following an outbreak of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), China April 16, 2020. REUTERS/Tingshu Wang

June 15 (Reuters) - Blackstone Group Inc will take control of SOHO China Ltd in a HK$23.7 billion ($3.05 billion) deal and maintain its stock market listing, the Chinese office developer said in a filing on Wednesday, while the founders will retain a 9% stake.

The U.S. private equity firm will offer HK$5 per share, 31.6% higher than the last closing price of HK$3.8 on Friday, in what would be its largest real estate deal in China.

SOHO China's shares jumped as much as 25.8% to HK$4.78 early on Thursday, as they resumed trading after being suspended since Tuesday.

Blackstone, which currently owns around 6 million square metres (65 million square feet) of properties in China, is seeking to expand there as it is confident about the country's long-term economic prospects and the Beijing and Shanghai office market, the filing said.

SOHO China, a major developer well known for its futuristic office buildings on the mainland, has 1.3 million square meters of commercial properties in the country.

The company is 64% owned by the husband-and-wife founding team of Chairman Pan Shiyi and Chief Executive Zhang Xin. After the deal, they will become its second-largest shareholder with a 9% interest.

The offer is conditional on Chinese competition authorities granting clearance, the filing added.

Founded in 1995, SOHO China went public in Hong Kong in 2007. Its shares have gained 62% in the past month and it had a market value of $2.55 billion at the stock's last close, according to Refinitiv data.

The company has been scouting for buyers for its prime commercial property assets as the founders looked to shift their focus to overseas markets. Reuters reported last year Blackstone was in exclusive talks to take SOHO China private in a $4 billion deal, but later halted the talks.

#60     Sep 13, 2021