What game are you currently playing right now?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by viv5468, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Gaston

Gaston

Same here. Plus I have never been fond of such games. But after hearing so many games I am also interested now. Any suggestions?

#21     Mar 25, 2020
  2. I'm sort of frozen in time, playing the same games I played 20 years ago. Counterstrike and...

Panzer General 2. Finished Nazi campaign twice (invaded USA, bwahahah) so now I switched sides: currently being a Soviet general driving the Nazis out. Never played this side back in the day and was surprised to find out that strategies that worked flawlessly on the Nazi side (to the point of exploiting the game AI) were completely failing when playing the Soviets. Was very bummed at first thinking stupid Soviets and almost abandoned the game... but then I realized it's not that there aren't strategies that work well on the Soviet side: it's just that they aren't the same as when playing the Nazi side.

#22     May 10, 2021
    Ninja likes this.
  3. mlawson71

mlawson71

Lately I've been playing Shadow Tactics - Blades of the Shogun.

#23     May 11, 2021
    Ninja likes this.
  4. I like NFS

#24     May 14, 2021
  5. Ninja

Ninja

Last year I watched the AlphaGo documentary on YouTube. At some point in the movie someone mentions that there are more possible positions on the board than atoms in the universe. That statement as well as the mindset of some of the professional Go players triggered something in me. I already tried Go in the past, but I found it difficult to really get into it, coming from a chess background.

However, once I spent a few weeks to retrain my brain, it finally clicked and I am totally addicted now. Greatest game ever invented.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    #25     May 20, 2021
  6. mlawson71

mlawson71

I've been playing Sunless Skies off and on for some time.

#26     May 27, 2021