What FX broker is everyone using?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Remiraz, Oct 4, 2003.

1. rezo_s

rezo_s

I heard CFTC adjusting maximum allowed leverage of 1:50 soon, but I don't remember where I read it - maybe its just a rumor...I don't know

#11     Oct 4, 2003
  2. Eriksson

Eriksson

Anyone comfortable with 1:50 leverage should make money fast enough using 1:50 .. So higher leverage is pretty much a trap IMHO.

#12     Oct 4, 2003
  3. Casey30

Casey30

I was looking for charts on forex for some time, metatrader is pretty good. Thanks for the info.

#13     Oct 4, 2003
  4. Hi,

I'm new to FX as well. I traded FXCM's demo mini account for the past 30 days and found it to be okay. I plan on opening a mini account with Refco (FXCM's parent company) within 2 weeks from now. Their mini account has 5 pip spreads on the majors which isn't the best out there but I'm going with them for their platform and reputation.

DNAJ65000

#14     Oct 4, 2003
  5. BigGun

BigGun

I have also read about this new law and I also hear there will be many changes in the way MM are preempted to operate in the USA. This could possibly put some of the less known MM out of business witch I truly believe is good news since most of them are out right thieves in the way their allowed to operate prier to the new laws.. Thanks cftc

Here is a link to the topic on another forum.
    http://www.moneytec.com/forums/_showthread/_s-/_threadid-4664

#15     Oct 4, 2003
  6. one of my fx brokers would be Gain Capital for sure

#16     Oct 4, 2003
  7. I am also looking for a broker.

How important is it to choose a broker that guarantees fills on my stop-orders? Some brokers do so, some not.

Is there really a different? No broker will give me a present.

Any opinions on that?

#17     Oct 5, 2003
  8. almotor

almotor

thanks for te info guys-......

#18     Oct 6, 2003
  9. rezo_s

rezo_s

Depends on your trading style...

#19     Oct 6, 2003
  10. Hi rezo,

I will use stop-orders for an entry, and for loss protection. Only a handful trades per month/per rate.

#20     Oct 6, 2003