What *FREE* charting program can I use with Scottrade?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by IronFist, Nov 15, 2009.

1. I was using Quotetracker which actually worked for me through yesterday (11/13) even tho they said you were supposed to have to register on 9/21 or whatever.

Well, I'm certainly not going to pay for it.

So, what can I use that is similar to QT in that it's got historical charts and intraday charts and all the cool settings you can customize?

I use SierraCharts for futures (OEC feed) but for stocks I use Scottrade and SC doesn't work with it.

So what's the new FREE replacement for Quotetracker?

I don't feel like funding a TD Ameritrade account just to use QT. I figured I'd reply to that suggestion already since it seems to be everyone's favorite reply.

I guess I can use stockcharts.com but I'd like something that updates in real time.

Thanks.

PS. Can I just install an old version of QT and not ever update it??

2. Jym

Jym

try out...

www.freestockcharts.com

a whole hell of a lot better than the name would indicate haha. i actually really like it and it's in real time for the majority of stocks and etfs on the regular NYSE.
    You'd just be out of luck if your thing was penny's

and oh yeah everyone's favorite nonfunded account to open is with www.thinkorswim.com

As far as i know and I've been using it off and on since the middle of the summer you can use their free demo as long as you like and it has everything on it....futures, forex, stocks, and especially options.
    That's a great platform to learn options for a few months before throwing real money at them

3. I pay for quotetracker now. As I recall, it costs about 25 cents a day.

4. It's $14/mo, so about $0.50 a day if you want to do it like that.

The thing is I only look at stock charts a few times a month so there's no reason for me to pay for it.

5. freestockcharts.com does look pretty decent. It's realtime, right?